What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess Who's Back

aussies1st

Staff member
we should of put in Robertson or brought some other centre from prem league up, we are just going around in circles with our team

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Drew isn't such a bad hooker. He is the worst halfback I've ever seen, but not such a bad hooker.

Bit strange to have a winger on the bench though. Don't really see that there's room for both Bulgarelli and Robbo in the side.

hrundi99

First Grade
woodgers said:
- sorry hrundi, but that comment officially makes you a nutball in my books. hmm, our halves are struggling to create attacking opportunities, hmm, i know!! let's put a back rower as one of our halves!!!!

While I don't think he is a half Kris, Hrundi does have a point. Where did Croker play last year? How well are we going this year? back to basics is the idea behind it.

That's exactly what I meant.

Don't jump to conclusions Kris.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Croker in the halves is the ultimate safety precaution, our defence lifts 100% when he's there. Just look at the first half of last week, the defence was so much better.

greeneyed

First Grade
Unfortunately we can't score any points with a whole heap of "defensive" players in our backs.... and even then they still let in twice the number of tries we score.... new solutions?

Kris_man

Bench
safety precaution?!?! do you really think that's what we need right now? a safety precaution?!?!

peter_raiders

Juniors
i just wanna c the 2 maccas cum head to head...where will mcfadden cum onto but?
coz they wnt take orford off...mayb hill to lock n mcfadden to 5/8? weird 1...n e ways couldnt we all c that dropp-a-relli was gana get picked this week and that drew would b there....1st hard call elliotts dun all yr has been to drop robbo after his lack of form, but it is prolly more injury related coz of his hamstring.....i can c wat elliotts doin..he has been all yr..n that is to try to keep our squad as experienced as possible.....i.e bulgarelli is more experienced than PNG steve, milne and so on....it hasnt worked all but he wont take a hint....cant c how we r gana majorly gana improve for d rest of the yr or next yr for that matter

Kris_man

Bench
peter_raiders said:
i just wanna c the 2 maccas cum head to head...where will mcfadden cum onto but?
coz they wnt take orford off...mayb hill to lock n mcfadden to 5/8? weird 1...n e ways couldnt we all c that dropp-a-relli was gana get picked this week and that drew would b there....1st hard call elliotts dun all yr has been to drop robbo after his lack of form, but it is prolly more injury related coz of his hamstring.....i can c wat elliotts doin..he has been all yr..n that is to try to keep our squad as experienced as possible.....i.e bulgarelli is more experienced than PNG steve, milne and so on....it hasnt worked all but he wont take a hint....cant c how we r gana majorly gana improve for d rest of the yr or next yr for that matter

- wow, that's an eyesore

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
our game plan will be to not score much points while playing a defensive game where infact we give up huge amounts of points....then when they least expect it BAM we let in more tries then they expect.

i dont mind boogs compared to drew, at least boogs trys...how often after his hundred and thousands of his mistakes can you hear him swear and look annoyed...with drew its like he doesnt even want to be there.

and personally gafa isnt fast enough to be playing wing..nor is he skillful enough to play 5/8 same goes with croker...we cant expect macca to lead around and organise everything..how the hell do you expect him to play well when he has so much to do...elliott bring in another ball player.

lotm

Juniors
i can honestly understand the motivation for elliot to name the team he has. many people have been calling for the inclusion of carney, but i think what elliot is trying to do is ensure he doesn't adversely affect the bloke's career if carney happens to make a crucial mistake. he thinks the more experienced players will be less likely to dwell on any errors.

lotm said:
i can honestly understand the motivation for elliot to name the team he has. many people have been calling for the inclusion of carney, but i think what elliot is trying to do is ensure he doesn't adversely affect the bloke's career if carney happens to make a crucial mistake. he thinks the more experienced players will be less likely to dwell on any errors.

Spot on champ. Elliott is resisting the use of Carney due to not wanting to ruin the kid's confidence. It would be a gamble to bring him on and tell him to move the side around the park and get them to the finals. A big gamble that could very well come off, but if it doesn't he can be ruined. But that begs the question, when to inject him into the side? Ah, he's damned if he does, he's damned if he doesn't.

Either way, you can all laugh and rubbish all before you, or join me in a crazy mixed up fantasy world and get behind the mighty raiders, even with booger and skippy, and get them to the finals!!!

Anonymous

Juniors
OK valid point on Carney, BUT, if it came off, it would give him the confidence to become a worldbeater.

What happens next season when he's behind a broken and demoralised team?

Bay56

First Grade
Timbo said:
OK valid point on Carney, BUT, if it came off, it would give him the confidence to become a worldbeater.

What happens next season when he's behind a broken and demoralised team?

"valid point" !!!!! ... its the biggest load of hogwash I've ever heard !!!!!

I saw the look on Drews face after the 1 point victory over the Warriors. I couldnt give a rats f**king arsehole if he has a good game this week ... HE IS NOT THE FUTURE OF THIS CLUB AND CARNEY IS .... FULL f**king STOP !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

greeneyed

First Grade
My point is this: why has the coach been so backward in giving Carney more game time in firsts to date? He could have well proven to be fantastic in the top side... and gained confidence ... and then by now he might have been able to BE selected in the top team... instead of us finding ourselves in this desperate situation.

greeneyed

First Grade
I agree, I would never ever ever ever select Drew in our first grade again, no matter what, no matter if we had to put only 12 players on the field.

Latest posts