What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus can shove his "Origin Experience" up his arse

Brutus

Referee
"NZ are out on their feet"

Just two plays before the match-winner.

The sooner Gus is shafted from Int RL the better we will all be.

JasonE

Bench
So much for "Origin Experience" hey Gus????

I thought to myself at the time, hang on a minute there is plenty of time to go and that statement could come back to bite.

Maybe he should just stick to commentating on Origin given he is so obsessed by it.
I'd take International footy over Origin every time.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
He sh*ts me to absolute tears during Test commentary. He shouldn't be allowed to do it, and I'm not normally into bagging him. It really is nauseating and more than a little embarrassing.

Brutus

Referee
He sh*ts me to absolute tears during Test commentary. He shouldn't be allowed to do it, and I'm not normally into bagging him. It really is nauseating and more than a little embarrassing.

Me too. I agree with Gus on a lot of matters, but I cannot cop him commentating International footy. He has no respect for it and can't help wanking off about bloody Origin.

The killer for me was during the final moments of the Aus v Eng game when he basically said let's get this rubbish off and go to the cricket.

flamin

Juniors
Also had a laugh about his comments in the first half that NZ were "just hanging on", "not out of it yet" when the half time stats showed they were ahead of Australia in every way and had just failed to turn possession into points.

Coastbloke

Bench
Origin's good for a warm up game, but test footy is the real pinnacle of our sport.

:clap::clap: x 10 squared..

I just love seeing the Kangaroo Jersey..

I see that on TV when they play overseas like a great crowd in England or even the great turnout last week in Eden Park, and I just think Origin is a great concept, but Test footy is it..

Lets face it. Origin is Australia's best 34 players and if you select a Australian team that's the best of the best of those 34..

Well...

2005 (loss)
2006 (Only a win AFTER 80 mins)
2008 (loss)
2010 (loss)

Test footy > Origin..

boxhead

First Grade
Gus needs to be shown the door from International footy, unfortunately - though he is great for Origin - he doesn't give a rats about Internationals.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Tonights match proved test footy is definately the pinacle. Players who put on a jumper for their country, would give it their all.

What a great game of RL and it proves you dont need to have Origin experience to win test matches. If you're passionate for your country then thats good enough.

grouch

First Grade
The "origin experience" calls were infurating. It was 6 all deep into the second half... by that point all 3 Origin games were decided. Tonight's game was better than every other rep game played this year.

Brutus

Referee
Also had a laugh about his comments in the first half that NZ were "just hanging on", "not out of it yet" when the half time stats showed they were ahead of Australia in every way and had just failed to turn possession into points.

Yeah that was really pissing me off too.

He said the Kiwis were "Not out of it yet" a few times when Australia were leading 6-0 after claiming the first try when they shouldn't have.

Gee 6-0 down and "not out of it yet". Thanks Gus for your insight.

watatank

Coach
Lets face it. Origin is Australia's best 34 players and if you select a Australian team that's the best of the best of those 34..

Well...

2005 (loss)
2006 (Only a win AFTER 80 mins)
2008 (loss)
2010 (loss)

Test footy > Origin..

The Australian team is rarely selected on that basis