What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus Gould / Anthony Griffin.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s an interesting article, he kind of says Moylan and Cartwright wasted their chance to be good players by leaving.
There is a so much spin I am dizzy from reading it.

I agree there is a lot of spin on it. They do have a chance to redem themselves at other clubs. Last time I was down for the footy there was chat about both blokes and their behaviour off field.
I know that Cartwright came back for pre-season quite overweight and not real fit. (Something that i saw Bryce admit to himself).

Both do appear to have attitude issues Moylan with rehabing himself and obviously didn't like the coach. To be honest 99% of footy players would have struggled with what happened to Carty last year. It was a mess, many of his issues (if not all) were self inflicted by the company he chose to keep.

It's going to be fascinating
No love lost between Gould & Buzz
No love lost between Gould & Buzz

There is kinda a 'mutual truce' at the moment between Gould and Buzz, but scratch the surface and it could blow up again.

I
Lets be real, the whole reason behind calling them 'soft wins' is to discredit Griffin. There's zero other reason for it.

A 'soft win' is completely subjective, yet the same 'realists' are talking about it as fact & talking down to anyone who disagrees with them. 'But they dropped the ball lots so it must be soft'. Of course it would have nothing to do with our defensive line pressuring their playmakers or our kicking game pinning them in a corner etc. etc. etc.

Such a stupid argument.

A win is a win. The NRL doesn't have a * next to various wins to show that the other team was poor, or that they had a stack of injuries.

There is an old saying which still holds true. 'YOU CAN ONLY PLAY WHO'S IN FRONT OF YOU'.

You either win or you lose. There is no middle ground unless it's deemed a draw after 90 minutes.

franklin2323

Immortal
Lets be real, the whole reason behind calling them 'soft wins' is to discredit Griffin. There's zero other reason for it.

A 'soft win' is completely subjective, yet the same 'realists' are talking about it as fact & talking down to anyone who disagrees with them. 'But they dropped the ball lots so it must be soft'. Of course it would have nothing to do with our defensive line pressuring their playmakers or our kicking game pinning them in a corner etc. etc. etc.

Such a stupid argument.

That is the way I took it. As we get better more wins will seem soft I guess it sets the tone for if we have a better year

franklin2323

Immortal
The scoreline is irrelevant. A close win or a big one as long as we look like a team with a plan and make the finals with our heads high not getting in by the skin of our teath because other teams choke.

Now personally I'm waiting for this year as we have Maloney now and I want to see us without roster shuffling and drama but there is a genuine point to be had.

The same extent though plenty of great teams make good teams look ordinary. All we can do is take care of our performance if we play well we win simple.

That is the main thing here. Brandy made good points about the players drop in form over the 2 seasons

OldPanther

Coach
People need to get over the soft wins. I did not say it to discredit Griffin so don't dare insert motive onto me when you can't read my mind.

OldPanther

Coach
The same extent though plenty of great teams make good teams look ordinary. All we can do is take care of our performance if we play well we win simple.

That is the main thing here. Brandy made good points about the players drop in form over the 2 seasons

I hope we make heaps of teams look ordinary. We looked ordinary in 2017. Theres no excuse for needing other teams to get us into the finals, even if we miss the top 4. Glad someone read the article lol.

BxTom

Bench
Last years roster
-TMM
-Hiku
-Moylan
-Cartwright
-Latu
-Rein

+Maloney
+Philips

Yep. Most complete its looked in years. In another thread you claim Wallace and Soward were too old in 2016. Yet Maloney is older than Soward was when he was released.

Moylan was largely a waste of space last year and was the likely reason that the team was so unsettled and why we lost so much at the start of the year. It wasn't the players hating Hook, it was the players hating Moylan. Rein, Wallace (as halve) and Hiku you whinged endlessly about these three, now you say they were great players - you are nothing but a BS artist.
Cartwright, by his own admission, did not have a great year mainly due to off field dramas - or are you going to blame Hook/Gus for that too? Soward's body was broken, now argument there, except for you. Maloney may be older, but his body isn't broken and hopefully he will have a great year for us.

I look forward to you spending the rest of this year watching you rewriting your posts and denying most of the drivel that you have written.

Tom.