What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus Gould's prediction

sheet_ed

Juniors
In 2007 in the final semi at Olympic Park - Gus Gould (who I consider a pretty good judge of teams) walked by a bunch of supporters and "said I can smell a premiership" - he gave no indication of that in 2008 in any of the articles I read, as he could see what Manly were building to and how the Storm were limping toward the GF.

This week in the article:

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...ng-youth/2009/09/27/1253989828187.html?page=1

On Page 2 he states:

As for the Melbourne boys, well, they were superb. Methodical, clinical and professional, they ruthlessly disposed of their struggling opponents. They'll probably win on Sunday, too.

parra_jesus

Juniors
gus knows his stuff , he is probally one of the smartest rugby league minds in the game. but rugby league is unpredictable , melbourne are favorites going into the game and right fully so. all us eels fans will admit you guys are a champion team but when it comes to game day it all depends on who is more hungry and wants it more. if we turn up and our on our game we will match it with you for the full 80 min's and hopefully its a good close game that isnt ruined or decided by poor ref decision's ( which happens wayyy to much )

maccattack

Juniors
and hopefully its a good close game that isnt ruined or decided by poor ref decision's

I would have thought Paar fans would be hoping for poor ref decisions. If there are any they will invariably be in favour of the eels.

You can take that to the bank.

MsStorm

Bench
gus knows his stuff , he is probally one of the smartest rugby league minds in the game. but rugby league is unpredictable , melbourne are favorites going into the game and right fully so. all us eels fans will admit you guys are a champion team but when it comes to game day it all depends on who is more hungry and wants it more. if we turn up and our on our game we will match it with you for the full 80 min's and hopefully its a good close game that isnt ruined or decided by poor ref decision's ( which happens wayyy to much )

I think Parra should be favourites actually.
Playing in Sydney in front of a parochial crowd, won more games than Storm out of the last 10 games or so, and the refs on your side:)

parra_jesus

Juniors
I would have thought Paar fans would be hoping for poor ref decisions. If there are any they will invariably be in favour of the eels.

You can take that to the bank.

we havent won any of our matches by poor ref decision's just by pure solid defence and unpredictable attack against teams 1 , 2, 3 and come sunday it will be team 4 you can take that to the bank ,dick .

Trojan

Juniors
we havent won any of our matches by poor ref decision's just by pure solid defence and unpredictable attack against teams 1 , 2, 3 and come sunday it will be team 4 you can take that to the bank ,dick .

Your unpredictability isn't that unpredictable. Your reliance on 1 or 2 players is incredibly predictable.

Storm on the other hand are so well coached and so structured as to seem predictable. Yet with all that predictability we still dismantled Brisbane and Manly in our last 2 games. I hope The Eels really think that their "Unpredictability" will get them across the line, because it will be their downfall.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Gus has had an ordinary semi finals series...

Picked St George twice, and the Bulldogs last week...

Also Manly Week 1 I think?

Trojan

Juniors
yeah Gus couldn't pick his nose this finals series.

Means nothing. Melbourne will demolish Parramatta.

Stormgal

Juniors
I think Parra should be favourites actually.
Playing in Sydney in front of a parochial crowd, won more games than Storm out of the last 10 games or so, and the refs on your side:)
I agree with you MsStorm, seems like a case of the NSW favourites vs Storm:D

Billythekid

First Grade
gus knows his stuff

What? Like a week before the finals he predicted on the Sunday roast that the Dragons were comfortable favorites and that the storm COULD NOT WIN THE PREMIERSHIP.

Now he has seen us win 3 games in a row by like 30 points he says we can win it. Well that takes a lot of foresight.

Im not denying he has a great league mind but this prediction isn't an example of it.

natheel

Coach
storm wont 'demolish' parra, itll be closer than what alot of ppl on here are predicting.

im picking parra by 4 with our defence what wins the game like our previous 3 finals games

Mickyd39

Juniors
Your unpredictability isn't that unpredictable. Your reliance on 1 or 2 players is incredibly predictable.

Storm on the other hand are so well coached and so structured as to seem predictable. Yet with all that predictability we still dismantled Brisbane and Manly in our last 2 games. I hope The Eels really think that their "Unpredictability" will get them across the line, because it will be their downfall.

i've said before on other posts of mine.

Storm fans are the most clueless bunch of supporters in the game.

stick to AFL

DI*KHEADS.

African Monkey

First Grade

WTF how can you say that when it's worked so well for them especially last Friday where the Bulldogs couldn't cope with their unpredictable attack. Their defence is also very strong and it was their best player who let in a try against the Bulldogs.

I'm not saying they'll win but they'll stand no chance if they try and play mistake-free football as you are suggesting.

i've said before on other posts of mine.

Storm fans are the most clueless bunch of supporters in the game.

stick to AFL

DI*KHEADS.

lol we have more passion then every single NSW 'fan'!!!!!!!!

NSW = biggest bunch of bandwagoners in the league
Vic and QLD = best two examples of loyalty!

Stormgal

Juniors

BWS : You are right on, no different to the whole Manly saga isnt it? Who gives a rats ass about what these NSW chumps have to say its Melbourne Storm ALL THE WAY!!!!!
:D:D:D

Last edited:

African Monkey

First Grade

So why does your username have the Broncos and Warriors in it then ? Does it mean that if the Storm start losing, you'll start supporting the Broncos or Warriors instead ?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Storm will be too big, too strong, too much finals experience

Inglis, Slater, Hoffman, Finch...Just wow

Storm by 14 to 20

Cheers