What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus Goulds Predictions (sort of)

Arnold

Juniors
Right place at the right time?

f**k off gus! (I know you're reading this)

I remember you saying many times it's extremely hard to win a comp. we did it.

Hope panthers suffer their normal injury crisis through mismanagement.

Inferno

Coach
Cows and Storm as good as they've ever been with a resurgent Raiders and Panthers.

I wonder if he'd be singing that tune had the Panthers managed to get up.

Arnold

Juniors
Read his paragraph canberra - says some thing like they were so close to winning the comp - suggesting if they beat Melbourne they would have rolled us basically. Piss off gould ya wank

snout

First Grade
Read his paragraph canberra - says some thing like they were so close to winning the comp - suggesting if they beat Melbourne they would have rolled us basically. Piss off gould ya wank
That was real.

Very very real.

Hope the boys thanked Eldrick on his first day on the job.

The nice thing about this article is that he has basically said vaguely positive comments about every team. The only concrete prediction he makes here is that Newcastle won't make the 8... so he can come back later in the season and say that he predicted everything.

Reading Gus is like reading Nostradomus, you can make it work for you each time, nothing he puts there is concrete, Gus should have been a politician, problem is even pollies are more popular then him

Quigs

Immortal
Reading Gus is like reading Nostradomus, you can make it work for you each time, nothing he puts there is concrete, Gus should have been a politician, problem is even pollies are more popular then him

Some of the two faced lying grubs of things even get the so called possie of NRL Clubs #1 Supporter.

TRIALS

Juniors
I take it as a compliment. We were hard as nails and bashed everyone nearly all year. It's not our fault eveyone else was soft in comparison.

Prior was eating opposition packs for breakfast.

Even our wingers were belting merkins, with and without the ball.

Last edited:

YTSharks

Juniors
I'll try to translate this the best I can
Broncos: Can be good
Canberra: Can be good
Bulldogs: Can be good
Sharks: Can be good (but won't win)
Gold Coast: Can be good
Manly: Can be good
Storm: Can be good
Warriors: Can be good (should make the 8)
Newcastle: Can be good (won't make the 8)
Cowboys: Can be good
Parra: Can be good
Saints: Can be good
Souths: Can be good
Easts: Can be good
Wests: Can be good
Penrith: I need to sit down and write you a whole article twice as long as the the rest of the teams briefings combined. The sheer talent and skill of these players that's I saw as kids is unparalleled and it goes to show how an 8 year long 5 year plan can change a club. I'm embarrassed to see how no one can be as good as me. Bow down to me and make me your Emperor with a celebatoy 20 foot gold statue of myself.
NRL: Can be good

Or am I off the mark?

Chimp

Bench
Spot on YTS - what an absolute waste of column inches and my time reading it.
He gives absolutely nothing - anybody could have wrote that drivel.