What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus is a utter knob of a commentator

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just watched the game. Gould was disgusting, talking the game down, sounding totally bored and fed up and slating the game more and more as it went on. It wasn't a classic but not the worse. I really hoped no first timers to the game were watching, they would never tune in to RL again with that miserable sod talking the sport down!

Grandpa+Simpson.png

Gus's very own website

grouch

First Grade
Hilarious stuff from Gus yesterday. He's been bagging the NSW (and Kangaroos) selectors for a while, with his major complaint being they can't keep relying on the same players. They need fresh blood. And then, when Bryce Cartwright puts in a stellar one-man show winning an upset for City yesterday, Gus was asked whether his young Penrith star should represent NSW this year, Gould's response was: "Oh what's the rush?"

stormbati

Bench
Maybe the kiwis were good enough in the forwards to make the game a dour battle. So sick of Gould's whinging and running the game down. This was my first channel 9 game of the year; can't wait to go back to Fox where the commentators actually like the game.

Oh and the adbreaks in play was f**king killing me.
So glad Fox simulcasts games now

Perth Red

Post Whore
Couldn't get a bigger contrast between the feel of the Ch9 commentary and the Fpx commentary over the weekend. Whilst the 9 crew focussed on the negatives (players missing, still managed to focus on SOO not the test, mistakes on the field, ref errors etc) Fox made the games exciting, vibrant and felt like you was watching something special. Sure there was lots of errors, standard might not have been origin etc but they focussed on passion of the players, atmosphere of the crowd, celebrated the open attacking play and massive hits, personal stories of the players etc Basically focussed on the strengths of the games not the weaknesses. You could not get a starker contrast between the two. Can't believe NRL has to put up with Ch9 for another 7 years running the game down on fta tv.

some11

Referee
Bryce Cartwright puts in a stellar one-man show winning an upset for City yesterday, Gus was asked whether his young Penrith star should represent NSW this year, Gould's response was: "Oh what's the rush?"

:lol:

Carty will get a bench spot 100% and it's not like the Panthers will suffer for it, they have byes for the first two Origin games.

panther.mike

Juniors
Gus is there for his insights and I agree with most of his comments. Rabs comes for Quirindi and so he's okay. Love Sterlo and Freddie [and Finchie] Sterlo and Wally play the game in their heads and predict plays so far ahead it's not funny. They are all just talking heads but know the game. luv em.

PS>>Gus made a comment re the World Cup and us.Again I agree. Mal picked a team to win his first test but they would not win the Cup.Solid team but.......
PPS..I seem to agree with anything.???

Blade23

Juniors
:lol:

Carty will get a bench spot 100% and it's not like the Panthers will suffer for it, they have byes for the first two Origin games.

They will suffer from it if he comes back injured or fatigued. His body is still developing.

Couldn't get a bigger contrast between the feel of the Ch9 commentary and the Fpx commentary over the weekend. Whilst the 9 crew focussed on the negatives (players missing, still managed to focus on SOO not the test, mistakes on the field, ref errors etc) Fox made the games exciting, vibrant and felt like you was watching something special. Sure there was lots of errors, standard might not have been origin etc but they focussed on passion of the players, atmosphere of the crowd, celebrated the open attacking play and massive hits, personal stories of the players etc Basically focussed on the strengths of the games not the weaknesses. You could not get a starker contrast between the two. Can't believe NRL has to put up with Ch9 for another 7 years running the game down on fta tv.

Wonder if the contract has anything in it regarding negativity/talking the game down.
Fox is miles ahead, imagine if Gus was calling the Samoa v Tonga game!

Gus is there for his insights and I agree with most of his comments. Rabs comes for Quirindi and so he's okay. Love Sterlo and Freddie [and Finchie] Sterlo and Wally play the game in their heads and predict plays so far ahead it's not funny. They are all just talking heads but know the game. luv em.

PS>>Gus made a comment re the World Cup and us.Again I agree. Mal picked a team to win his first test but they would not win the Cup.Solid team but.......
PPS..I seem to agree with anything.???

Rabs is from Junee.

isaiah

Bench
Gus talking about bevan French just after halftime was complete fiction. Just lies, I can tell you what really happened about his recruitment to parra. Nothing like what he was dribbling on about. When will people wake up and see him for what he is.

j5o6hn

Juniors
I turned the game on hoping FOX was doing it,but not till 8pm,so with trembling hands I turned to Gem started to watch then through the screen came the boring rumblings of Gould the dinosaur so I switched it off again & waited for 8pm
The amount of damage Gould does to the game is incalculable he should shut up and go away,maybe commentate AFLWL he can bore them to death as well

Perth Red

Post Whore
Took about 90 secs before they went off on a ramble about something nothing to do with the game. Then we got the gem of indigenous side playing in the World Cup. Fox coverage can't come quickly enough