What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus is in the Sh!t

wolverine

Juniors
Gould thinks the world of SBW. Gould is an absolute wankr, theres no way he can justify what SBW did. No Way. Contracts should be honored, but they arent. It feels like things are turning into Soccer-in terms of contracts.

Generalzod

Immortal
What a piece of work Gus Gould is, He never questioned Sonny Bill Wildered in that despicable manner...Go tell your story walking PAL...

Kiwishark

Juniors
I didn't think he was defending SBW's decision, just the 'making an example of' of Sonny Bill, when according to him contracts have been handled badly for 15 years or whatever. He thinks the sht has hit the fan, from years of flying towards it. Ie Why wasn't anything done earlier?

There is definately a better way of handling yourself publicly, he seemed frustrated.. Where's Mrs Gould...

Sam Shark

Juniors
Soccer contracts are no different from the contract that $BW signed. The difference is that under the ruling of a European court case which brought about what is known as a "Bosman" if both club and player agree to it, the player can be SOLD to another club for a transfer fee during an internationally agreed transfer window (there are 2 a year). But at the end of the contract the player can move to whichever club he can agree terms with and no transfer fee is paid from club to club. Previously the club still "owned" the player and could demand a transfer fee.

Master Baiter

Juniors
gus was, as ever, taking advantage of a situation to again put the slipper into our game whilst taking cheap shots at gallop in a poorly executed ambush. it did nothing except once again prove to the rugby league community what a joke this so called "expert on our game" has become. in his unprovoked attack he offered nothing except criticism and tried to further inflame the situation at any stage he could to try to get the upper hand in a one way debate. gallop handled himself well and i dont think gus has done himself any favours whatsoever with this juvenile stunt. it seemed to me he blames gallop for the superleague war and was letting him know it every chance he got. i agree that had the superleague war not eventuated than the game would probably be in a more healthier state, however i also believe it was inevitable as the arl werent interested in expending the game and we would now still be tackling alot of the same issues that are threatening our game. the difference is now we are moving in the right direction and maybe this was something that was always going to happen to make everyone wake up and to start marketing and promoting the game better, taking the game forward instead watching rival codes swamp us and watch as we fall away into oblivion. once the game is in a better financial position then we can look to expand it further and showcase our game to the whole country and hopefully one day to the world and let them see what it has to offer. its something thats going to take time and money but we just have to be patient and take it one step at a time. not carry on like a raving looney and demand overnight solutions when there are none, not that he really wanted any anyway. he knows there are no quick fixes but he just wanted to start an argument and pick a fight, probably not the best of moves for your career gus when youre dealing with most powerful man in the game. so i say to you gus: "p**s off d**khead and shut the f**k up!! he knows what hes doing or he wouldnt be in charge of our game!" and i say to channel 9: " GET RID OF GOOSE GOULD FOR GOOD!!"

Nullajet

Juniors
off topic..but...I hate it when people say that the ARL was not interested in expanding the game....

They had started to prior to the super league war....Western Reds, Gold Coast Seagulls, Nth Queensland Cowboys, Adelaide Rams? and Crushers were all in place before super league jumped in. The difference was these teams were not being propped up by news limtied at the time.

Master Baiter

Juniors
off topic..but...I hate it when people say that the ARL was not interested in expanding the game....

They had started to prior to the super league war....Western Reds, Gold Coast Seagulls, Nth Queensland Cowboys, Adelaide Rams? and Crushers were all in place before super league jumped in. The difference was these teams were not being propped up by news limtied at the time.

youre right, after previous success with already established clubs like brisbane and newcastle in 1988, they did try to expand the game in the early to mid 90's with the cowboys, warriors, reds, crushers and seagulls. superleague introduce teams such as the rams, mariners and i think gold coast at the time were called the chargers. only 2 of these clubs have survived in the cowboys and warriors (even though they have had a name change), you cant count gold coast as they collapsed 3 times (giants, seagulls, chargers) before becomming the titans. the reason for this is the arl failed to do what the nrl have been doing for the past half a dozen years or so in building a foundation. after those failed ventures they realized they needed to create a junior base before launching an nrl team. now they have junior systems all over the place, north queensland & central coast have had junior systems for a long time but only recently theyve introduced systems to melbourne, adelaide and perth. where the arl went wrong, for whatever reason, is they tried to go too big too quick and it hurt them in the end when they poured heaps of cash into these ventures only for them to go belly up. and ever since the arl have been a bit shy about expanding, the only reason melbourne are in the comp is because of the superleague era. had that not happened, i doubt their would be a team in melbourne or on the gold coast now. in the next decade we could have teams in perth, adelaide and on the central coast, but if that is to happen we may be looking at losing teams here in sydney. hope im wrong but we may only end up with teams like western sydney, north sydney or central coast, sydney and southern sydney or south coast. but back to the point, the last thing this game needs is for some fly blown twat constantly putting the game down. we have a better product than the other rival codes and in time people will see that. gallop would be under immense pressure right now with everything going on in the game at the moment and we just need to have faith in him and allow him to do his job.