What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gut Feeling #2

Does the Warriors 2011 season end in Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Micistm

Bench
Well I spent a paragraph argueing with myself in the wrong topic! So I just voted no...I gotta have faith that last week has given them some belief and some confidence to go and do the job and knock the Storm out! We got the players that can do it, stick together as a team, give it 100 and all those other cliches

armchaircritic

Juniors
I would have said no vs Tigers (surely we couldn't have played so poorly twice). Same again vs Melb.

on another note... Booked tickets yesterday in the away supporters bay. So amped for this game! Saturday can't come quick enough

Of the 3 teams left, we are most likely to beat Storm. (have beaten them at home, but lost to both Bris and Manly)
Can't wait for the game.
Then how do I get my hands on some of those Dragons members GF tickets???:D

Melbourne dont scare us, Sell out with expats cheering us on. We are full of momentum while the cheats have had the week off. The ride will continue to the GF

Micistm

Bench
And it does depend on which Warriors team turns up! There's no doubt on our day we can do it...there's just the question of how to make this Saturday our day. The Storm want to prove a point after last year- the Storm have more big game experience. But- we also have a point to prove (and a maiden title to get), but will the occasion get to them?
It is hard to wait until game day, exciting but nerve wracking. I can handle losing, as long as there's no controversay, and a good effort from the guys. But we have a chance here, no doubt about that

Dragon2010

First Grade
Be positive boys. Much like some of us Dragon's fans are true believer. Raise you voice trust in your team, if you loose you go down fighting (Like we did), if you even better and march on the the GF. It's an achievement to get this far and will do the boys good next year.

No regrets. Cheer your team home, show your passion and support.

Go the warriors smash the scum please for the sake of the NRL!

TheDMC

Bench
I've cleared all commitments for next weekend, but not yet begun sourcing a GF ticket.

We play smart and hard, we can definitely beat Melbourne.

Cronk2011

Juniors
Hey guys just wanted to say good luck for the game this weekend, Love watching the warriors play and hope it turns out to be a cracker of a game, i'm hoping we can win but we always seem to struggle against your lads, won't be too dissapointed if we get knocked out though after last year its awesome just to be in the mix again. i'll definately be jumping on the warriors bandwagon if we go out!

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Hey guys just wanted to say good luck for the game this weekend, Love watching the warriors play and hope it turns out to be a cracker of a game, i'm hoping we can win but we always seem to struggle against your lads, won't be too dissapointed if we get knocked out though after last year its awesome just to be in the mix again. i'll definately be jumping on the warriors bandwagon if we go out!

Thanks, and good luck to you too. Even though I hate your team's guts. But it's all about sportsmanship and I appreciate your well wishing.

May it be an epic game and may the best team win and carry on to be premiers!

TheDMC

Bench
Obviously the vast majority of media pundits, including 'neutral' NRL players, believe the Storm will win on Sat, much like last week against the Tigs. Fair enough I guess, but I find it interesting to see which of em have the goolies to back us:

Warriors to beat Storm
Freddy Fittler
Beau Ryan (both on Footy Show last night)
Mark Gasnier (bit fence sitting, but thinks we are a good chance and wants us to win the comp)

Against the Tigs, Sammy Thaiday backed us to win, was about the only one by memory. Good on ya Sammy.

And quite enjoying the neutral fan support being dished our way, but being cynical that more reflects our lack of success and history (and thus hate attraction) more than anything...

Yes I am trying to whittle away my day...

Micistm

Bench
Be positive boys. Much like some of us Dragon's fans are true believer. Raise you voice trust in your team, if you loose you go down fighting (Like we did), if you even better and march on the the GF. It's an achievement to get this far and will do the boys good next year.

No regrets. Cheer your team home, show your passion and support.

Good wordsand advice. I think some of us- myself included- are a bit scared to get our hopes up because it would make losing all the more crushing! It seems less painful to assume the loss then get a nice surprise should we win.
But you're quite right. We're here, on our day we can do the bizz, we have a better track record than most in Melbourne, only one of two to beat them at home this year- In 28 games it's gone Storm 14, Warriors 12 drawn twice. So very even overall. We need to believe and get in behind our team as you suggest!:)

_addict

Juniors
As this week's gone on I've been getting more and more edgy. Now that the weekend has finally arrived and there's no work to distract me I'm thinking about it all the time!

I believe we're a real chance in this game, moreso than if we were playing Manly

devoid

Juniors
Wow - so it's v Manly. Getting nervous now - in 24 hours I will either be trying to find a flight to Sydney, or thinking about how close we came. Light it up boys!

IanG

Coach
If the Warriors do win. Will it make a dent in the media. Or will they still be creaming themselves over the Rah Rah World Cup.

Micistm

Bench
If the Warriors do win. Will it make a dent in the media. Or will they still be creaming themselves over the Rah Rah World Cup.

Yesterday on Radio Sport: 6.30 am to 7.52: WC. 7.53 to 7.56 League. Afterwards WC, with a bit of Telfer wanking on about a new golf club. 11.57 to 11.58: League.

I flicked off and on during the morning so may have missed a little bit more, but that's what it was like. And the TV media has been the same, Russia vs Georgia and stuff like that over Warriors:lol:
Just saw on breakfast show this morn they mentioned Warriors a little- Think they just realised it's one game off GF and they'd better get on the bandwagon just in case;-)

Scott

Bench
Gut is churning!

Can't believe the nerves at this stage. Can only be a good thing i guess, but i'll be a mess tonight!

Go the Warriors! Believe!