What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutless!!!

Parki

Bench
a business, i thought it was rugby league team, you know, sport? something for the people to cheer for and enjoy watching.

and with regards to man utd buying players at age 9, those players have a choice to go or not, reyno in this case has no choice, he has been shafted.

If you think going about unethically and wrong is going to make you happy when and if we win a premiership then enjoy, i would rather win one on the back of a great team and pride and passion, rather then a bunch of manufactured robots who bow down to Brian Smith and co.

First off, they dont play it for the love of the game. The knights dont go out there every week with the "good enough" mentality. Competitive sport IS a buisness, and anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly mistaken. This isnt 1956, though im sure you would like it to be

Reyno has done nothing for newcastle for four years except collect his oversized pay cheque, and now we want to save a bit of face by not paying him 200 GRAND that he doesent deserve!!!!!! But thats unethical, so he should just be given his money cause its wrong

its not wrong, its smart buisness.... we will never win the comp off the back of Kirk Reynoldson... he has had FOUR YEARS to earn this contract extension and he hasnt done it

oh and lastly, the team has no pride. it has no passion. Players are playing that dont want to be there. So the smart move is to piss them off and have them ruin some other club. Smith is doing that. I dont understand what you want from him, hes been brought in to do a job and hes doing it....

we cant win a comp every year, but we can certainly lose one every year...... coming last every year leads to bad BAD things... smith is trying to prevent that

fred_knight

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
So, forgive me if I've got this wrong but, how many premierships has Hagan won for Parra? :lol:

and i make stupid comments hey Gene, he is in his 1st season with Parra and they are in the 8, while we a fighting off the spoon under Brian. hmm

fred_knight

Juniors
Parki said:
First off, they dont play it for the love of the game. The knights dont go out there every week with the "good enough" mentality. Competitive sport IS a buisness, and anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly mistaken. This isnt 1956, though im sure you would like it to be

Reyno has done nothing for newcastle for four years except collect his oversized pay cheque, and now we want to save a bit of face by not paying him 200 GRAND that he doesent deserve!!!!!! But thats unethical, so he should just be given his money cause its wrong

its not wrong, its smart buisness.... we will never win the comp off the back of Kirk Reynoldson... he has had FOUR YEARS to earn this contract extension and he hasnt done it

we were never meant to win in 2001 with our forward pack either but we did, so how can you say that

Misanthrope

Staff member
and i make stupid comments hey Gene, he is in his 1st season with Parra and they are in the 8, while we a fighting off the spoon under Brian. hmm

Coaches aren't hired for one season - generally, they're hired for multiple seasons. Parramatta might be doing better than Newcastle this year, but it was always going to take Brian Smith more than a year to undo the collosal pile of sh*t that Michael Hagan left behind under the guise of a football club.

Parki

Bench
2001 was built off the platform of 2000, any knights fan worth his salt will tell you that

2001 we brought in Ben Kennedy because we had money after we cut an underperforming Matthew Johns

we had players who were hungry and wanted to win

oh and we had Andrew Johns, that helps

we dont have that now...... Hagan inherited a premiership in 2001, just like he probably will this year

Hayne, Tahu, Grothe, Inu are four of the best players in the COMP. PERIOD. And they are all playing for the one side.

Hagan did f**k all to develop that..... come back to me in 3 years when Parra are coming last champ

Frederick

Staff member
fred_knight said:
a business, i thought it was rugby league team, you know, sport?
Wow, you know, since the invention of that thing, oh whats it called...money? I think that's the correct term...since the invention of that sport has been a business.
something for the people to cheer for and enjoy watching.
Yeah, it's enjoyable to watch when the players are actually playing, rather then when they run out on field, hand the ball over to the opposition and say "here you go, try line's over there. We're off down to the pub!"

If you think going about unethically and wrong is going to make you happy when and if we win a premiership then enjoy
What exactly is unethical about it? Reynoldson has been dropped due to poor form since '05. There's nothing in his contract that states he must be picked week in, week out regardless of form.

i would rather win one on the back of a great team and pride and passion, rather then a bunch of manufactured robots who bow down to Brian Smith and co.
As for this...shutup. If you think that the current team we have is one with pride and passion for the jersey and knights crest, then you're about as blind as ray f**ken charles.

cardinal

Juniors
Misanthrope said:
I realise you're probably mildly geniused, so I won't give you the kind of treatment I'd give a fully functioning idiot who stumbled into our forum spouting ill informed sh*t.

Michael Hagan is a good coach to have when all you need is for somebody to pat the players on the back, wish them luck, and congratulate them when they win. In fact, he's so good at that - that he'll do it irregardless of the outcome. I don't think I ever heard Michael Hagan criticise a performance. That made him perfect for Newcastle's collection of weak willed, spineless bitches.

The Parramatta fans lauding Michael Hagan as the saviour of the world as we know it are basing this on one season of football. You may win the premiership this year. We did in his first year. But people seem quick to forget the other mediocre years the Knights enjoyed under his 'guidance' and are blind to the many mediocre years that Parramatta will doubtless endure until somebody decides to fire him or an irate fan offs him in the car park.

How long was Brian Smith at Parramatta? I'm pretty sure it was longer than the proverbial snap of his fingers you refer to. Or is that how long you've been supporting Parramatta?

There seem to be two kinds of Parramatta fan. Those who can appreciate what Smith contributed but acknowledge that it was time for him to leave - and those who are idiots. There's Ron Jeremy too - who seems to slot somewhere in between dependent on the day.

Since you're not Ron Jeremy and you're not in the former group - I'm going to have to go ahead and group you in with the idiots. You can collect your dunce cap on the way out.

You felt so moved by his argument that you just had to register an account to agree with it? :roll:

Smith can coach and did a lot for the club but to say he created a junior nursery where Hayne and Inu popped up from is a joke. Just because he had success with us does not nean he is the right fit for your club and maybe when your admin decided not to re sign Hags they should of made sure they had a coach in mind and gone and signed him and not had to settle for their 4th choice. To many players and followers of the game all rate Hagan and it is only fleas like yourself who crave success so badly that you say it is all the coaches fault, who I hear put crap on him. Good luck with the end of season trip we will enjoy the finals:D

Gene Krupa

Referee
Spearhead said:
But I want to make it to coach level on this forum so I can feel as big as you.

Is that it? :? Is that all you have? Don't disappoint me by being all predictable like.

Parki

Bench
Good luck with the end of season trip we will enjoy the finals

wow. last time i checked our problems actually have nothing to do with parramatta, only your coach who screwed us so badly the scars are still being felt

does 2001 still hurt that much precious?

fred_knight

Juniors
wat a load of crap no one inherits a premiership. if the team was so good to win one year later then why was there a new coach in the 1st place...
And where do you think Tahu started at Parramatta?

Parki

Bench
wat a load of crap no one inherits a premiership. if the team was so good to win one year later then why was there a new coach in the 1st place...

if you honestly dont know the reason why, then there is no helping you

i am not going through the a b c s of why warren ryan was sacked after making a preliminary final champ, go look it up

seriously, its like dealing with an infant.... im sorry, im trying to play nice, but you really are beyond helping at this point