What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guttenbeil free to seek new NRL contract

emjaycee

Coach
Warroirs have given Guttenbeil permission to talk to other clubs.

Do we want him for a year?

emjaycee

Coach
Depending who we lose though, he may make a good transitional second rower to help some of the PL guys through their step up to NRL.

At the moment, we are screaming for someone to help Hindy (if Morrison leaves) and if he only wants one year at a reasonable price we could do a lot worse imo.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Definately!

He was great on saturday night.

On the flip side our youngsters are prooving they are not ready.

If he has the right attitude (i.e this isn't just a place to retire), then we most definately need him.

The Colonel

Immortal
emjaycee said:
At the moment, we are screaming for someone to help Hindy (if Morrison leaves) and if he only wants one year at a reasonable price we could do a lot worse imo.

We could also do MUCH better......

emjaycee

Coach
The Colonel said:
We could also do MUCH better......

Colonel, I hope so too but I hope we dont end up here in August with a post titled "Who we Didnt Sign and should have". :D

V1er

Juniors
If we're looking for an experience 2nd rower, id go for either steve simpson or lance thompson, wouldnt even bother with guttenbeil.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
steve simpson would be a great buy or maybe jason cayless guttenbeils been a good player but is past hes best remember corey pearson

Iafeta

Referee
Could it be the Warriors are struggling in terms of the salary cap, Colonel?

Awen has been one of the Warriors best game in game out since the middle of last year. He had a woeful start to last year, since then he got it back together being voted players player of the day on a few occaisions regardless of whether he started or came off the bench. He is capable of grinding out big statistics, or using footwork and offloading abilities to create opportunities. He's one of those rare Warriors whose offloads are generally on the mark and well thought out. His form turned around to such an extent last year that he rightfully earnt back his Kiwis test jersey and a spot in the successful Tri Nations tour party.

I can't believe the Warriors are not giong to use the $100K loyalty scheme with Awen, but one teams' loss is is another team's gain.

Stagger eel

Staff member
for a good price? why not....

in fact, there's not many i wouldn't knock back at the moment.

barney gumble

Juniors
He goes alright, but reckon he'll be asking over the odds, in regard to his true worth on the player market.
Might suit a team like Souths better.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
You mean if he pays us?

we are lacking in hard heads at the moment, those a prepared to roll their sleeves up and have a go and show the young guys the way.

he fits that bill.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
Fui is a hard head

he's one of them..Hindy's another, Caylo could be considered one, although it just appears he's at a stage in his career where he's being dominated once too often.

Guttenbeil wouldn't let us down...

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
we are lacking in hard heads at the moment, those a prepared to roll their sleeves up and have a go and show the young guys the way.

he fits that bill.

I don't rate him at all but that's just me.