What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guttenbeil free to seek new NRL contract

parralight

Juniors
I would love to get David Kidwell back and play him in the forwards - we really need some grunt in the engine room.

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
we are lacking in hard heads at the moment, those a prepared to roll their sleeves up and have a go and show the young guys the way.

he fits that bill.

For about three weeks out of every ten. :lol:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
he's one of them..Hindy's another, Caylo could be considered one, although it just appears he's at a stage in his career where he's being dominated once too often.

Guttenbeil wouldn't let us down...

Hindy is a great tackler but not a hard head and Cayless ... well the term pillow comes to mind in the hardness scale.

Iafeta

Referee
The Colonel said:
For about three weeks out of every ten. :lol:

He's super consistent.

His last bad game was when he had a rough trot at the beginning of last season. Since then he's been outstanding, week in, week out.

The Colonel

Immortal
Iafeta said:
He's super consistent.

His last bad game was when he had a rough trot at the beginning of last season. Since then he's been outstanding, week in, week out.

From what I've seen of him I find he and the rest of the Warriors forwards are at their best when Wiki and Price are on the field, when they go off they don't offer as much as what they can. If Koopu or Tuimavave were being released I'd be more than happy to see them come this way.

Iafeta

Referee
Awen regularly fills the void for when either Price or Wiki is off field. If anything, thats the only reason he sometimes slots back to the bench so the Warriors still have good go forward when either man is replaced.

If this was early 2005 where his form was pitiful, I'd agree with you. Right now, I'm personally not overjoyed at the thought he won't be around perhaps after season 2006. His form is outstanding. Last week, without Price, he clocked up 150 odd metres (IIRC) from 13 or so hit ups and 27 tackles. A couple of offloads, and a try assist as well. Not too bad. Fairly regular numbers for Awen in 2006 - he's always well into the 100+ metre category and 25-30 tackles, regardless of whether he's on the bench or starting.

The Colonel

Immortal
Iafeta said:
Awen regularly fills the void for when either Price or Wiki is off field. If anything, thats the only reason he sometimes slots back to the bench so the Warriors still have good go forward when either man is replaced.

If this was early 2005 where his form was pitiful, I'd agree with you. Right now, I'm personally not overjoyed at the thought he won't be around perhaps after season 2006. His form is outstanding. Last week, without Price, he clocked up 150 odd metres (IIRC) from 13 or so hit ups and 27 tackles. A couple of offloads, and a try assist as well. Not too bad. Fairly regular numbers for Awen in 2006 - he's always well into the 100+ metre category and 25-30 tackles, regardless of whether he's on the bench or starting.

Can't say I have taken much notice of his stats. I'll take more notice from now but I can't say I'm fully sold just yet.