What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hack of the year goes to.......

Fathead

Bench
Delaney played alright.
What did Ben Smith do in attack ? What has Ben Smith done all year in attack ?
I think he scored one try all season and that was from a kick.

Kornstar

Coach
Vella only having the one stint didn't help.....

Why is it anyones fault????? It wasn't Delaney, it wasn't Tim, it was a team effort and we failed to take all opportunities that came our way.

Why didn't Morrison pass it? Why did Morris throw that ball to Melbourne? Why did Morris kick on the second tackle in the first half?

We lost, our season is over, we were never going to beat Melbourne and we all knew it, why bag everyone???????

We should have had a better year, we didn't........let's move on and look forward to Hagan and see what he comes up with next year. I am really looking forward to it!!!

Go the P/L boys!!!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What a great run from Delaney that was, put us in a great position, couldve scored from the next play, but was a shocking pass from the scrum.

I cant believe people still bag Delaney, ok we lost but what did Delaney do wrong. He wasnt that great, but he wasnt too bad today.

bartman

Immortal
Not interested in bagging players out at the moment. We're gone for the season, and it's inevitable people are a bit upset.

The way I look at it is, who else could Taylor have picked at centre, and did Delaney do the best he can? It's debatable whether O'Dwyer's inclusion would have given any different result. So given JT put him in the side, and Delaney did the best he's capable of, I'm not going to bag him. I look to the future and wish him well at the Gold Coast, and hope that Hagan realises we need to get or develop better depth at centre in case injuries strike next season.

Similar with Tim Smith and Luke Burt. Who else did JT have the option of choosing? At halfback no-one, and at fullback it's debatable whether McKinnon's inclusion would have given any different result. Given that JT put these guys in the team, did they do what they were capable of on the day? While they've both had better games in their careers, I think they tried what they could, so I'm not going to bag them.

Instead, I'll look to next year, and hope that Hagan realises he has to find a way to get a key player on their game more often, or get or develop greater depth in the halves so that he has more options to choose from in key positions. Bagging the individual player doesn't help, especially when we need to accept they'll be part of the set-up next year.

scottyeel

Bench
Not interested in bagging players out at the moment. We're gone for the season, and it's inevitable people are a bit upset.
Me either. I'm concentrating all my negative energy on Clark and the tosser video refs for a few days,

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Phillips said:
the only reason he (delaney) is bagged is because people continued to talk him up..

That's exactly right.. people talked him up like he was this superstar centre and even had him pinned as 5/8 and was gonna change the way league is played :crazy: , when he really is just a solid player.

Doesnt do much wrong but doesnt do much great stuff either

Ron Jeremy

Coach
f**king pissed off bif time.

I'll say it only once, O'Dwyer should of been in the starting side.

Delaney, down even bother about Mad Monday, just piss off.

parraknick

Juniors
In the weeks / months prior to Delaney's time off with injury, I would have been interested in bagging Delaney in this thread.

But, his last couple of games are not bag-worthy IMO. He avoided being tackled by the marker most of the time, and made OK metres. He tried his best, and that's all you can ask for. I mean, he's not the one selecting himself in the line-up.

spiderdan

Bench
i can't believe we lost that. we did enough in the second half to win the game and should've.

hayne stuffs up a try with the line open off widders pass.

the video ref somehow has decided that benefit of the doubt goes to the defensive side despite the rules stating otherwise. in any case he probably should've passed the ball to grothe (i think it was on his outside).

delaney makes a great run down the sideline and for one of the few times in his life decides to pass without looking instead of trying to use his 100ish kg frame to swat off slater who is around 25-30kg lighter.

we had chances but just didn't capitalise.

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:
Listen you,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Indeed, everyone is entitled to get angry.
But unless you cut out the rubbish, I'd suggest you won't be around here much longer.
There are more intelligent ways of expressing your opinion. I suggest you try and think of a few, or better still, just try and go away.

Suity
Thats the key word here Suity.... the individual you speak of lacks this

Parra Guru

Coach
Delaney played well yesterday.

As I said, good to see the bandwagon in here pinning blame on the fringies.

True EEL

Bench
i have to say it again....people are trying to scapegoat Delaney

i nagged him a lot earlier in the year, but i think he is a much improved player from that time, when all he did was kick a "few" goals and that was it....

he did a pretty good job yesterday "back in the centres" after having been made into a makeshift second rower for the last month and if God had given him a meter of extra speed he may have scored in the corner....????

i give credit where credit is due and he did ok, and easily as good as Ben Smith on the day who was pretty one dimensional as well

i must say though that i thought Wade should have played and Hayne could have played in the centres and Burt on the wing or something - hell O'Dwyer could have played in the centres too with both Delaney and Smith missing out.....but i think JT was worried about the size of the Melbourne centres and rightly so and he went with size over perhaps more speed and skill...

you have to make these decisions and you can't blame JT for that....and all the people calling for him to p!ss off etc is just ludicrus....talk about fickle fans

ParraManiac

Juniors
spiderdan said:
i can't believe we lost that. we did enough in the second half to win the game and should've.

hayne stuffs up a try with the line open off widders pass.

the video ref somehow has decided that benefit of the doubt goes to the defensive side despite the rules stating otherwise. in any case he probably should've passed the ball to grothe (i think it was on his outside).

delaney makes a great run down the sideline and for one of the few times in his life decides to pass without looking instead of trying to use his 100ish kg frame to swat off slater who is around 25-30kg lighter.

we had chances but just didn't capitalise.

Spidey I think you have got it spot on mate. Delaney had a fair game IMO, at least he made a break something that was severely lacking for us. As much as it pains me to say it we were simply not good enough. We did all the hard work to get us into the right position but just could not capitalise. Forget about the video ref, yes he got it wrong but it didnt cost us our season.

ParraManiac

Juniors
Delaney kept his opposite man quiet, that was his job and he did it well! If O'Dwyer was out there who is to say that Melbourne would have only scored 12? Yes he stuffed up in attack, but who didnt for us?