What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hagan Has Some Work To Do

antonius

Coach
The next three weeks will show if we are going to miss Hagan. I'm wanting to see a plan from him, that gives us a chance at winning minus Johns. If he sticks with the Lowrie, Kidley, Mullen experiment then he's the dud we all knew he was. Time to bite the bullet and come up with something that might work, because his last plan doesn't.

knights9

Juniors
I think Mullen at halfback and Kidley at five-eighth and Tighe on the bench so if Kidley and Mullo arnt working well move Tighe to five-eighth.

benno

Juniors
tigh improved heaps this week...nice to see him at his blistering best with that 90 meter sprint (pitty he didnt make it) but ur right antonius...hagan needs to make the call to have mullen there...otherwise yeh..he's just waiting for joey to return and save him

roopy

Referee
Mullen will be our guy in the future, but i really feel he is not ready to take control of the team at this stage.
Kidley goes from being under little pressure when johns plays - to being under huge pressure when he doesn't - and his game usually goes to sh*t because of the extra pressure.
I think putting Thaiday at 5/8 will take a lot of pressure off Kidley because teams will have to be on the lookout for the very dangerous running of Thaiday - so Kidley should be able to avoid being 'double teamed' and smoothered out of the game.
That switch will also see Seage in the side at fullback, and he loves to race up to second receiver - so we will have three decent small men making plays up the middle - instead of having one guy with the defence swarming on him all day.
Thaiday has a good boot on him. He can kick long and accurate, as well as putting in clever chips etc.

troll

Juniors
CWBush said:
Nice first post. Your insight is appreciated and I'll be sure to pass it onto the club.
Bite Me!
I was there yesterday, you ran out of puff.
Even all the one eye'ds on the hill agreed!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not that defending our asses off for about half the game had anything to do with it ....... :arrow:

troll

Juniors
Jobdog said:
Not that defending our asses off for about half the game had anything to do with it ....... :arrow:
When you make mistakes and giveaway penalties, that happens!
Oh and yeah, I bet your next post will balme the ref.

~bedsy~

First Grade
roopy said:
Mullen will be our guy in the future, but i really feel he is not ready to take control of the team at this stage.
Kidley goes from being under little pressure when johns plays - to being under huge pressure when he doesn't - and his game usually goes to sh*t because of the extra pressure.
I think putting Thaiday at 5/8 will take a lot of pressure off Kidley because teams will have to be on the lookout for the very dangerous running of Thaiday - so Kidley should be able to avoid being 'double teamed' and smoothered out of the game.
That switch will also see Seage in the side at fullback, and he loves to race up to second receiver - so we will have three decent small men making plays up the middle - instead of having one guy with the defence swarming on him all day.
Thaiday has a good boot on him. He can kick long and accurate, as well as putting in clever chips etc.

I would love to see that put into play. I think it would be very succesful.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
How about you all just give Kidley a break. His a top player with a big heart who loves his footy and the Knights. Leave Thaiday where he is and keep Kidley where he is. Kurt almost won as the game against Cowboys if it wasnt for a Jensen tackle. How easy you forget, dunno what it is but everyone on the forum seems to have it in for him.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
I'm a fan of Kidley. He's just not playing to his potential. I think his kicking game struggles a lot too under pressure.

Alex28

Coach
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
How about you all just give Kidley a break. His a top player with a big heart who loves his footy and the Knights. Leave Thaiday where he is and keep Kidley where he is. Kurt almost won as the game against Cowboys if it wasnt for a Jensen tackle. How easy you forget, dunno what it is but everyone on the forum seems to have it in for him.
Ugh...how many times do we have to say it...just because he is a Gidley and just because he "loves the Knights" does not mean he is a good player. He could be a good utility player but he is NOT A 5/8!

We don't forget easily. We haven't forgetten how poorly he plays without Johns. Like every time he doesn't have the best player in the world next to him making him look competant.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Alex28 said:
Ugh...how many times do we have to say it...just because he is a Gidley and just because he "loves the Knights" does not mean he is a good player. He could be a good utility player but he is NOT A 5/8!

We don't forget easily. We haven't forgetten how poorly he plays without Johns. Like every time he doesn't have the best player in the world next to him making him look competant.

he has got MOTM without johns in the team. He needs to get back to that type of form.