What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL 2009-10 :: Semi Final - Match B: Gold Coast 5 Newcastle 6 @ Skilled ON PENALTIES

Jobdog

Live Update Team
hal0910-fw1-gcunuj.jpg

For all discussion on Gold Coast and the Jets from Skilled Park. The winner plays the winner of Wellington-Perth, the loser says farewell for 2010.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's a bit of a cripple fight here. I just don't have any faith in our ability to see off anybody right now, let along a side containing Jason Culina, an in form Zenon Caravella, and Shane Smeltz. It's gonna get uuuuggggly.

Jono078

Referee
Worst possible match up for first week of finals IMO.

I would have preferred Melbourne or Sydney.

But in saying that Gold Coast are no more consistent than we are, just gotta hope the sh*t side of them turns up. Somewhat unlikely for a first finals game though.

roboshark

Coach
Only plus I can see is that there will be a small crowd and the GC have lost a few in a row as well. If we can field a full side I will be surprised. Out of all the sides I am happiest with the gc

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ditto to that. We can't beat Perth, Wellington are in hot form, and we're not even in the same league as Melbourne or Sydney this year.

roboshark

Coach
Oh ffs!!!!!! If he plays hoffman I'm not watching

3 weeks ago everything was rosy.....we are now paying for not paying

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm going to stick solid and say the boys will pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Cmon boys!!! :fist:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They may very well pull a rabbit from a hat but they won't win the football game...

shiznit

Coach
i reckon these one off games are tougher to pick than you think...

i think you newie fans are a bit harsh on yourselves.... you guys have as good a chance as anyone else...

if you score a goal early you can park the bus and frustrate them... there last 2 games they have been frustrated out of it...

0 - 1 to Newie... and a trip over to Perth next week...

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
The true kiss of death is not if Breeze is the ref, but if Sarah Ho is one of the lineswomen. Then you are really stuffed.