What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL R11 :: Sun :: Perth 2 Newcastle 2 @ Members Equity

HAL R11 result :: Glory vs Jets

• Newcastle Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Perth are the greatest team in the comp. Eugene Dadi is better than any import that's been through the league. At least he can play / keep up with the game.

Would like to see Amaral back to fitness, they definitely had a great understanding going.

The penalty was a penalty, North drove the shoulder in.
Drove the shoulder in? Are you serious? He can't disappear :| Oh and surprise, surprise it was Trinidad who was supposedly fouled in the box ... Terrible decision by supposedly the "best" ref in the A-League. You know you're in trouble when Mr Breeze fits into that criteria.

Frederick

Staff member
Good on ya, blame the ref :lol:
Why not blame Song for his complete inability to control the ball. Or Covic for that masterful clearing kick that gave them their first goal. The jets have no-one to blame but themselves for that pathetic showing. They couldn't even make use of their one-man advantage they had for about 20 minutes!

fish eel

Immortal
I flicked to the cricket at the 80th minute, so missed it.

But hearing that it was 'shoulder to shoulder' and that it was Trinidad that went down is enough to raise an eyebrow.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
without seeing it ... if it's shoulder to shoulder it's sweet ...

what's everyone blowing up about?
That's essentially what it was, which is what Dutchy was blowing up about and why most Jets fans (myself included) have every right to feel a little agrieved. Trinidad pretty much chipped North and then continued on his run towards the 6 yard box and then ran straight into Jado. As I said, he can't disappear ...

i'm going to keep an eye on fox sports news in the next half an hour to see if i can catch it ... if he's run straight into the defender shoulder to shoulder that's pretty f**king harsh

Jono078

Referee
I watched it on Fox Sports News.

IMO North was just bracing himself for contact as the Perth dude was sprinting towards him, he can't move out of the way.

Once Dead

Bench
I watched it on Fox Sports News.

IMO North was just bracing himself for contact as the Perth dude was sprinting towards him, he can't move out of the way.

It wasn't shoulder to shoulder though.....that implies people are side by side....North attempts to jump forward in the air, but Trinidad had already headed the ball over him, therefore North goes straight into him........there have been softer, but this was warranted.

Foz

Bench
Totally agree.
And then they could book them for time wasting as well.
Youve got to get them to be able to count to six first though.
It would help.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
GVE looking at no-sideline for a week or two...

0,5001,6342882,00.jpg

van Egmond faces stint in stands

By Adam Cooper and Justin Chadwick
November 10, 2008 NEWCASTLE coach Gary van Egmond could be banished to the stands over his part in a melee after Sunday night's A-League game against Perth.
The Football Federation of Australia (FFA) confirmed van Egmond had breached its national code of conduct when he confronted Glory striker Adrian Trinidad after the 2-2 draw at Members Equity Stadium.

The FFA has written to van Egmond, giving him 24 hours to explain his actions. It will decide his fate later this week.

The Jets coach was furious after Trinidad drew a penalty in the dying stages, enabling Perth to equalise, keeping both sides on 11 points at the bottom of the table.

After the game, van Egmond angrily confronted the Argentinean, which sparked a melee involving players and coaches from both sides.

If the FFA is not satisfied with van Egmond's response, he could be fined or even suspended from the sidelines, like the then Adelaide coach, John Kosmina, was twice in the 2006-07 season.

Kosmina was banished to the stands for four games for grabbing Melbourne Victory skipper Kevin Muscat by the throat during a match in 2006, and then suspended from the sidelines for five games in 2007 for abusing referee Matthew Breeze.

Perth were also disappointed an opposition coach confronted one of their players. Glory chief executive Scott Gooch wrote to the FFA, although the club did not lodge a formal complaint.

"We were disappointed that the coach vented his frustrations at one of our players and pointed the finger," Gooch said.

"He's playing a game of football with a lot of passion and I suppose from a coaching point of view if he's claiming that one of our players is showing a lack of sportsmanship he probably needs to look a little bit closer to home.

"... That sort of thing is not good for the game and it shouldn't have happened."

Trinidad's penalty - after he fell to the ground when challenged by Jets captain Jade North - came amid calls for an end to "diving" in the A-League.

It also came just weeks after Kosmina, now coaching Sydney, accused Trinidad of "milking" an incident that led to Iain Fyfe being issued a red card.

Perth midfielder Adriano Pellegrino said his teammate played within the rules, but admitted Trinidad was not one of the competition's most popular players.

"I don't think Adrian is the most liked player at the moment in the A-League," he said.

"He reacted not so well after the game.

"He was a bit upset because everyone (the Jets players and coach) was barking up at him.

"It's hard for him, he can't really speak good English and a few of the boys were having a word to him after the penalty happened."

In a season that continues to get worse for Newcastle, following Edmundo Zura's return home to Ecuador last week, the Jets also fared worse on player suspensions.

Meanwhile, Perth have been successful in having captain Jamie Coyne's straight red card for serious foul play from the same match rescinded.

Coyne will now be free to play in Perth’s round 12 clash with Queensland.

But Newcastle’s Daniel Piorkowski was suspended for two games after being shown a straight red card in the same match for serious foul play.
AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24631743-23215,00.html

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ok, so how did Coyne's red card get overturned, but Piorkowski's didn't? :?

It wasn't shoulder to shoulder though.....that implies people are side by side....North attempts to jump forward in the air, but Trinidad had already headed the ball over him, therefore North goes straight into him........there have been softer, but this was warranted.

other way around actually ...

Latest posts