What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Half year review

TruSaint

Referee
Personally i can see the top four being challenged for spots.

They are miles ahead of the pack.
Bunnies look like sure things at the moment.

Super impressed with bunnies, surprised by Chooks, and Penrith.

Disappointments thus far... Saints, Tigers, Cowboys and Broncos.

Jury out, titans, Sharks, Knights.

Thoughts / comments?

Elias1983

Coach
Yeh the top 4 look pretty solid, the shaky one out of them would be manly though I think...They have been winning but not sold on them yet...

Disappointed with us obviously, I was hoping for us to have won 6-7 games at this stage (those losses to Manly, Brisbane and the Titans have really hurt) which just makes it so frustrating because we are better than what we have dished up.

Penriff have been good for the last 3 weeks...let's see if they maintain that, I think cleary is starting to find some traction with this team...Good coach.

Dark Horse for top 4 for me would be conberra, if campese stays healthy they can give it a good shake.

Knights, Titans are pretenders to me.

Sharks, although it pains me to say this are doing pretty well considering the off-field dramas they have had.

Mr Red

First Grade
no real shocks for me this season...apart from the cowboys under achieving to date.
- Parra/dragons/tigers were always going to struggle
- Penrith recruited well and got a good coach so were always going to improve on last season

the top 4 are a standard above the rest.

CC_Saint

Juniors
Add to that the Warriors are smokies. They can beat anyone on their day, have no Origin commitments and are starting to find their groove. They're the dark horse for me.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I don't know how well Melbourne will survive Origin this year
Players are older and recovery times longer
A Parra for the spoon, Rabbits / Roosters grand final is the favourite way at the moment
I'd say Penrith are set to finish mid eight or better

TruSaint

Referee
Add to that the Warriors are smokies. They can beat anyone on their day, have no Origin commitments and are starting to find their groove. They're the dark horse for me.

They can be world beaters CC, just too inconsistent for me mate.
Have been for last several years.

TruSaint

Referee
Yeh the top 4 look pretty solid, the shaky one out of them would be manly though I think...They have been winning but not sold on them yet...

Disappointed with us obviously, I was hoping for us to have won 6-7 games at this stage (those losses to Manly, Brisbane and the Titans have really hurt) which just makes it so frustrating because we are better than what we have dished up.

Penriff have been good for the last 3 weeks...let's see if they maintain that, I think cleary is starting to find some traction with this team...Good coach.

Dark Horse for top 4 for me would be conberra, if campese stays healthy they can give it a good shake.

Knights, Titans are pretenders to me.

Sharks, although it pains me to say this are doing pretty well considering the off-field dramas they have had.

Yeah good analysis.
Of the top 4 i see Mel being a more vulnerable side if they cant survive origin period. As Cagey said.

Suffs / Chooks GF.... unfortunately.

I tip Dragons and Tigers each to win 11 out of their last 11 and charge into the 8.

Week after week of the finals they each knock over the big teams, Penrith dispose of Manly, Roosters and Newcastle, Dragons slay Melbourne, Canberra and Souths. Then, as destiny has it, Dragons meet Tigers in an epic grand final battle, 18 all at full time - it goes into golden point. Marshall and Soward exchange field goal attempts one after another, until Marshall's final attempt in the last seconds of golden point hits the upright, falls straight into Josh Dugan's waiting arms in the in goal area and he steps, he runs, and runs, beating one, and another and.... well, you know the rest.

Unless of course Dragons play Tigers once more within the last 11 rounds and the mathematical chance is false.

I'm awake now.

TruSaint

Referee
I tip Dragons and Tigers each to win 11 out of their last 11 and charge into the 8.

Week after week of the finals they each knock over the big teams, Penrith dispose of Manly, Roosters and Newcastle, Dragons slay Melbourne, Canberra and Souths. Then, as destiny has it, Dragons meet Tigers in an epic grand final battle, 18 all at full time - it goes into golden point. Marshall and Soward exchange field goal attempts one after another, until Marshall's final attempt in the last seconds of golden point hits the upright, falls straight into Josh Dugan's waiting arms in the in goal area and he steps, he runs, and runs, beating one, and another and.... well, you know the rest.

Unless of course Dragons play Tigers once more within the last 11 rounds and the mathematical chance is false.

I'm awake now.

Hahaha... classic.
:crazy:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Current top 4 look the goods.....did not expect much else from us really ...for mine Manly will win the big one this year

Father Ted

First Grade
Bunnies to win from either Easts or an ageing Melbourne , Manly on the back of their halves followed by a pack including cronulla , penrith and who gives a rats.

Latest posts