What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halfbacks

If prince should sign with the gold coast I wont be at all suprised if Dean Caldwell plays a few first grade games this year - especially if prince plays SOO

knowing sheens it would be renyolds who gets called up i would rather give Oliver a go i think he is very under-rated

brook

First Grade
joel caine number 1 fan said:
knowing sheens it would be renyolds who gets called up i would rather give Oliver a go i think he is very under-rated

Time will tell but I'd be putting my money on the one training with first grade ;-)

If Prince does re-sign with the tiges I do thinl Reynolds will be the one called up to fill any gaps but if he signs elsewhere I think we are much more likely to see Dean get a run at some point

Hurriflatch

Referee
AS for Parramatta while obviously Tim Smith has the #7 jersey for as long as he wants it there are a number of options

- PJ Marsh
- John Morris

have both played 1st grade in the 7 before

while

- Marcus Perenara
- Jeremey Smith
- Blake Green

Are all younger guys trying to get a shot at either half or 5/8 in the top grade

Cooper Cronk will handle himself well for Storm...his combo with Scott Hill is starting to gel and he is calm under pressure. This boy will be better than Orford.

Smiley

Bench
1. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt

I predict by next year this will be the new halves combo at the broncos.
So long seymour.

colonel_123

Juniors
brook said:
Time will tell but I'd be putting my money on the one training with first grade ;-)

If Prince does re-sign with the tiges I do thinl Reynolds will be the one called up to fill any gaps but if he signs elsewhere I think we are much more likely to see Dean get a run at some point

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chase get a run off the bench in the no. 14 jumper playing in a bit of a Craig Wing style role late in the season, with Caldwell getting some game time in the halves if there's an injury late in the season.

brook

First Grade
colonel_123 said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Chase get a run off the bench in the no. 14 jumper playing in a bit of a Craig Wing style role late in the season, with Caldwell getting some game time in the halves if there's an injury late in the season.

That seems pretty likely to me - they certainly do seem to be grooming Rangi for a utility role and honestly with prince confirmed gone they'd be crazy if they don't at least attempt to get Dean up to scratch.

headache

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
Despite the anti-Finch sentiment, he could well be back to his best this seaosn with Anasta beside him. Finch isn't a player that can control a side by himself but if Braith can take on that role and Finch can just look after basic kicking and playmaking theb Roosters can win the comp.

Remember his phenomenal stats in 2004. Finch really sucks!!!:cool:

Balmain_Boy

Brook, just how good is Caldwell? I've seen him rarely, since I confess I don't tend to watch flegg ver often. However, he's a bloke that seems to have been talked up for years now. I remember hearing his name when I was at school and Dean must have been 14 or so. Is he really all that?

OVP

Coach
Cockadoodledoo said:
Because Finch is crap.. In any case Topou and Flannery will be the backrowers.

6. Anasta
7. soward
13. Harrison
12. Tupou
11. Flannery

Easily the fastest backrow in the comp. ALL can produce a try out of nothing.

BEWARE the wounded Rooster !!

HevyDevy said:
Despite the anti-Finch sentiment, he could well be back to his best this seaosn with Anasta beside him. Finch isn't a player that can control a side by himself but if Braith can take on that role and Finch can just look after basic kicking and playmaking theb Roosters can win the comp.

Remember his phenomenal stats in 2004.

Anasta is a very selfish player. He is never a 5/8th - he is and always has been - a lock playing in a #6 jersey.

Anasta doesn't playmake - he can't playmake. He probes at the line and tries to bust through half gaps with brute force - not touch and guile. Same with his kicking game - he can lump the ball a mile - and put up a bomb to buggery and back - but his grubbers and general short kicking game as such - are rubbish.

He will not help take any pressure off Brett Finch one bit.

What's the bet you will see Soward on the bench every game anyway to begin with - and come in to 5/8th and Anasta to lock whenever Harrison is off having a breather? Because Anasta can play the full 80mins if required - no problem. But more likely - when Harrison goes back - it will usually be for Anasta - and Soward will stay on the field at pivot.

This is the only reason Finch is being picked ahead of Soward for the starting #7 jersey. And that is what will happen - I guarantee it! Else Sticky Stuart is even dopier than I have long suspected.

brook

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Brook, just how good is Caldwell? I've seen him rarely, since I confess I don't tend to watch flegg ver often. However, he's a bloke that seems to have been talked up for years now. I remember hearing his name when I was at school and Dean must have been 14 or so. Is he really all that?

Yeah he really is that good - the kid has what it takes to go on to play for Australia if he puts his mind to it. He's still only (just) 18 so to put it in to perspective he made his premier league debut when he was still eligible to play Harold Matthews.

Last year was a setback and I still haven't seen him play this year since his injury so I can't say for certain how that may have effected him but the word is he's made a full recovery :)

stoodamire

Juniors
OVP said:
6. Anasta
7. soward
13. Harrison
12. Tupou
11. Flannery

Easily the fastest backrow in the comp. ALL can produce a try out of nothing.

BEWARE the wounded Rooster !!

Hahahaha

6) Monaghan
7) Orford
13) Kennedy
12) Watmough
11) Menzies

****s all over them.