What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hall of Fame nominations

Perth Tiger

Bench
I don't really agree on those criteria. It should be based upon the the impact that players had on the competition. for a player like Moz who was arguable the best forward in the comp for a 2-3 year stretch he probably deserves to be in the HoF even if he happens to have played more games overseas.

But I guess Paul Kent and Buzz have more of a voice than me.

I don't really agree on those criteria. It should be based upon the the impact that players had on the competition. for a player like Moz who was arguable the best forward in the comp for a 2-3 year stretch he probably deserves to be in the HoF even if he happens to have played more games overseas.

But I guess Paul Kent and Buzz have more of a voice than me.

Hall of Fame criteria was not devised by those two merkins.

Apey

Staff member
Do you think they'll posthumously add Rebecca Wilson for the print journalist?

King hit

Coach
I'm surprised there hasn't been any comment on the 2019 nominations

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/07/nrl-hall-of-fame-player-nominees-announced-for-2019/

Good list as usual, although surprised Fitzgibbon is there before some of his contemporaries.

Personally I would like to see Stacy Jones and Paul Sironen be inducted.

Fitzgibbon deserves to be nominated. Awesome player who could easily play a whole game whilst making 40 tackles, 100+ meters and kick goals from all over the park

JJ

Immortal
The 4 inducted are worthy... lot of others on the list equally deserving IMO

JJ

Immortal
Just watching the ceremony

Who the f**k is the Beattie clown, couldn't be bothered learning JJ Giltinan's name... FFS

Card Shark

Immortal
He’s the dickhead supposedly leading out game.

He portrays such an unprofessional look to fans of the game, I shudder to think how he goes running it!