What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hall of Fame

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Boyd gets a 12 month suspension for that elbow and a 9 month suspension for eye gauging.
Whats the criteria for getting into this hall of fame.
If its that then Hopoate would be a shoe in
Yeah, my question too - what is the criteria? Surely it's not just the sort of player you were? Les Boyd played 17 Tests, 8 Origins and 143 club games in Australia across not a extensive career, doesn't speak to what sort of player he was, obviously...but it doesn't stick out. And sounds like he was a bit of a POS grub.

That's why I wouldn't have Hugh McGahan. Great player, but fraudster, and ripped off charities. No thanks. That doesn't promote the game and its people.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

It's scary the levels of imbecile that Adam Blair goes to.
Lol it’s actually hilarious the amount of people who think the “Australia hate us and hold us back” is actually real

We don’t have a kiwi that is even knocking on the door to be elevated to that status, I love Stacey but he was never on the same level as Joey. Mark Graham I’m not sure as I didn’t see him play

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah, my question too - what is the criteria? Surely it's not just the sort of player you were? Les Boyd played 17 Tests, 8 Origins and 143 club games in Australia across not a extensive career, doesn't speak to what sort of player he was, obviously...but it doesn't stick out. And sounds like he was a bit of a POS grub.

That's why I wouldn't have Hugh McGahan. Great player, but fraudster, and ripped off charities. No thanks. That doesn't promote the game and its people.
It is just sheer playing ability, Noel Kelly in there was sent off 17 times for example.

JJ

Immortal
Blair really is an idiot.. Jones is HoF but not in consideration for that next level tbh

Kenny and Smith should be next, sadly perhaps Slater

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Blair really is an idiot.. Jones is HoF but not in consideration for that next level tbh

More I think about it more I think Lazarus deserves a spot too, not as flashy an option as the playmakers, but an amazing record

254 First grade games, 21 tests, 19 Origins, 5 premierships

First 2 Premierships for Canberra, First 2 Premierships for Brisbane and First for Storm, and a leading role in some red hot sides.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Yeah I've got no issue with Stacey HoF, he was a hell of a player. But to think he's even within cooee of an Immortal, is braindead rubbish of the highest order, and buying into any rubbish that it's a trans-Tasman bias.

I don't think there's a Kiwi player within cooee, to be honest. People older than me might have some suggestions, but during my generation the guy is Simon Mannering, and whilst he's a Kiwi Immortal all day long, he doesn't crack it near being an NRL one.

Graham Lowe might be the closest?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
More I think about it more I think Lazarus deserves a spot too, not as flashy an option as the playmakers, but an amazing record

First 2 Premierships for Canberra, First 2 Premierships for Brisbane and First for Storm, and a leading role in some red hot sides.
You'd hope and think they'd be able to recognise people who weren't necessarily flash playmakers, but yeah the Brick with Eyes definitely qualifies.

JJ

Immortal

true, somehow forgot him - for me the best prop I've ever seen, and as you show just a winner wherever he went

Latest posts