What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halves

StinkyPete

Juniors
Rovelli will be in the side. there's no way Henry will give the U'20's halves pairing a go. what we'll see.

1. Gallant
6. Thompson
7. Rovelli
9. Watts

14. T Williams or Amos

Ty will come on for Watts but move to FB and Gallant will play hooker. Or that Clint Amos guy will play impact hooker.

Also with out JT, Payne and LOD I have no idea who will be captain

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
This post makes no sense.
That's because she's a f**king idiot.
Tal, I'd have Watts/Thompson...but we are in a predicament...I know Rovelli will be there...just don't want to face it.
He might stand up...but he's not just a passenger he's actually detrimental.

elyod138

Bench
Only for a couple of weeks hopefully, I would be tempted to bring Amos in to start at hooker and keep Watts on the bench.

I think we have the team to grind out a couple of wins, they showed in the second half last week that they are capable of doing that.

Shorty

Staff member
Amos has been fairly non existant since signing with us, and I thought he'd actually do really well because he was pretty solid at his old club.

elyod138

Bench
Amos has been fairly non existant since signing with us, and I thought he'd actually do really well because he was pretty solid at his old club.

I thought his best form was with us (mostly for the Young Guns but he did well in 6 first grade games too) before he went to the Gold Coast, it's hard for him to get a spot now with Payne and Watts there.

I actually prefer him to Watts as a bench utility because he can play hooker and 5/8 solidly and if we don't need him there he can just play in the backrow (could probably play centre too).

With Watts we are forced to take Payne off every game, just so that Watts isn't wasted on the bench.

Last edited:

Talanexor

Juniors

Yeah, but Watts offers more as a hooker/utility, and Amos isn't good enough as a pure backrower to hold down one of the other spots.

Heard on the radio today that JT's injury is far less serious than first thought. Apparently we're only looking at 3 weeks or so. Not sure about Payne as yet.

I'd go with Thompson and Watts, POSSIBLY Morgan is JT was out for the season and we had to look to the future (I don't see Rovelli in our future).

If JT is out for only 3 weeks, Rovelli will be there somewhere.

Shorty

Staff member
Watts and his lack of discipline is a worry though and with two of the leaders and old heads in the team out, I worry about his composure.

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah, I can't say I'm all too familiar with Amos to comment. I remember watching him play for the Titans in their formative year and comparing him to Payne BUT that was three years ago.

My problem with Watts is his composure. He only has one mode, hyper, and for a half/hooker that can be dreadful. He's good out of dummy half, where he can back himself against markers otherwise he's a pretty average team player.

Thompson is young, Gallant is a tryer but he doesn't have the makings of an NRL great and Rovelli is bush league.

Problem is pushing up juniors isn't going to solve this. They need to be eased into first grade, not swiftly rushed in.

Charlie124

First Grade
This is good news really.

Thurston = 2-3 weeks
Bowen = 1-2 weeks
Payne = 4-6 weeks
O'Donnell = 3-4 weeks

I think we can deal with the losses in the short term.

Shorty

Staff member
I'd really like to jag some games before they return, it'll be a hard ask though.
I think we can tackle Newcastle, but it all depends on the team.

Didgi

If the entire team lifts against a so-far flat Newcastle then we should be able to grab a win, the key seems to be Uate and their other outside backs.

Didgi

Round 7
North Queensland Cowboys v Parramatta Eels | Dairy Farmers Stadium

Depending on the mindset of Hayne and the Eels we could grab a win out of that ine as well.