What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hampstead...stamp on head... lost his head?

J-Lo Jolie

Juniors
OH dear! A lot of the time Rugby League not only relys only on excellent playing and ball handling skills.. or defence for that matter! but the ability of the referee to be just and all seeing!:sarcasm:

Well, tonight's performance by referee Sean Hampstead :? was nothing short of amateur in my books. He couldn't have thrown any more penalties Newcastles way... I saw the smirk he gave when Newcastle scored their second last try tonight:x , and I really believe that he lost control of the game just after half time, when all the bickering started between the teams and the punch up. Instead of putting out the fire between the 2 teams, he only fuelled it. His rulings for most of the night were simply unjust... could give penalties for something one way, but not the other. Fancy giving that penalty against Moi Moi I think it was for a late tackle on 'Joey'. WTF was that? Joey was simply crying like a girl like he always does.. and Hampstead gave him the attention he was looking for.:cry:

In my opinion, Sean Hampstead was one of those referees who used to do the crowd proud.. this year however, he's turned into a monster of the ugly sort! Let's pray that he will not be the man in charge for the Grand Final.

eelsta

Bench
innsaneink said:
Moi Moi? :lol:

Back to your bong, you nong...its semis time now, sept. ....not round 18

Fui gets blamed for something even when he's not playing:lol:

J-Lo Jolie

Juniors
I did say I think..... hell.. i dont give a sh*t about their names.. i just watch the game! lol

But thanks chew me!

innsaneink

Referee
J-Lo Jolie said:
I did say I think..... hell.. i dont give a sh*t about their names.. i just watch the game! lol

But thanks chew me!

Correct names do help when your trying to get an opinion across....

I hear the Daily tele needs cadet journos, you sound like youd fit the bill perfectly...

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Calls against Newcastle were just as crucial. Quinn being held down, for example, allowing the Manly defense to get back into position. Penalty for offside giving Orford the chance to kick for the match, when similar offenses had been ignored by both sides in the previous few minutes. Repeated failure to call offside against the Manly defense when Buderus took off on dummy half runs.

J-Lo Jolie

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Correct names do help when your trying to get an opinion across....

I hear the Daily tele needs cadet journos, you sound like youd fit the bill perfectly...

Hey buddy.. you're obviously taking this as a personal attack..

wouldn't happen to be shaking hands with old Sean would ya?

Seems pretty unreasonable that you can pick out a mistake in a name and not address the problem of the referee.. don't think you should have replied at all if you have nothing intelligent to say on the topic.

Toodles.. you lil side kick.. no more responses to your nonsense

J-Lo Jolie

Juniors
ShadesOfTheSun said:
Calls against Newcastle were just as crucial. Quinn being held down, for example, allowing the Manly defense to get back into position. Penalty for offside giving Orford the chance to kick for the match, when similar offenses had been ignored by both sides in the previous few minutes. Repeated failure to call offside against the Manly defense when Buderus took off on dummy half runs.

I agree with about 2 and maybe 3 of those things you stated!

Having said that though.. there was much more against the Sea Eagles than Newcastle.. and don't worry.. i'm a doggies supporter so there's nothing in it for me!

If we had good referees who were consistent .. then we wouldn't have problems. My main biff with Hampstead though, is that he seriously lost control of the game for a while there.. and that is scarey!

Mr Saab

Referee
The players became testy and sean binned them...how is that losing control?
This is not school yard marbles, this is a physical game, and the semis, and players can become testy.
Sean had an ok game...he didnt cost the eagles the game.
If anything it was the eagles poor discipline!
Travis Burns has conceded 30 penalties in 2006...30!!!
Has to be some record

fourplay

Juniors
I thought Hamstead had a good game..

The penalty for a late hit on Johns was due to the touchies report.

J-Lo Jolie

Juniors
Yes yes... thats what we say.. we expect the players to be testy!

They are professionals.. not school boys.. the school boys should be testy!

Sean lost control through his inconsistency.. it put both teams on edge because they weren't sure how he would play it out...OH.. and fourplay.. Sean said repeatedly "I saw it" in regards to the late his on John... well why didn't he CALL IT if he saw it....

believe me when I say... this referee is a let down!

Mr Saab

Referee
J-Lo Jolie said:
They are professionals.. not school boys.. the school boys should be testy!

Ever played professional sport? Or any sport for that matter?
Just because you are paid to play sport doesnt mean you are suddenly this robot who works in binary (0s and 1s if you dont know)

Sean did not cost manly the game

innsaneink

Referee
J-Lo Jolie said:
Hey buddy.. you're obviously taking this as a personal attack..

wouldn't happen to be shaking hands with old Sean would ya?

Seems pretty unreasonable that you can pick out a mistake in a name and not address the problem of the referee.. don't think you should have replied at all if you have nothing intelligent to say on the topic.

Toodles.. you lil side kick.. no more responses to your nonsense

Refs f**k up every game. Whoopdy farkin doo.

You f**k up in your post about tonites game, name a player that doesnt even play for either team, and expect others to be mind readers?

Only trying to help you, its obviously needed.

Sounds like youre crying thru your kick...

J-Lo Jolie

Juniors
Ah hmm... for your information, I played basketball professionally until a knee injury cost me my career. Don't talk to me like I'm a little girl -thank you

Sean cost Manly more than you think. How many penalties do you think he gave away to Newcastle.. they should have beat manly 50 - 18 at that rate.. but you know what.. you go ahead and think that Sean did ok... it's your right to. I on the other hand will heavily advocate that Sean damaged the game... and it was a disgrace to watch him do so (and of course.. that is my right to voice my opinion on that!)

Red Bear

Referee
Im glad kennedy was binned, he was being a prick al lnight, continually getting in the refs face etc etc. He was rightly binned. As was Travis Burns, pulling the guy off and laying into him (well attempting to).

I f**ken hate it when certain moronic commentators (gould at times, and voss) go on about that shouldnt be a penalty in finals footy. Who cares, its the same f**ken game, if the game is reffed differently in the finals thats a greater cause for concern, having less consistency would be a worry.

I though hampstead was allright and if anything Manly had the rub of the green. That lying in the play the ball on quinn, oushing knights players out of the way to get the ball from kicks etc.

TFS85

Juniors
Kennedy was doing a Joey all night and deserved to be sent off.

Hampstead is a goose anyway and he lost control of the game by being so inconsistent.

Manly got the rub of the green IMO despite the penalty count. I saw more blatant crap from them that was let go than from Newcastle.

Joey took a dive. It wouldnt have been so obvious if the trainer had not pushed him back down when he tried to get up.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Kennedy came in with an elbow after the incident, he left Hampstead with little option. IMO he (Hampstead) didnt determine the outcome of the game.