What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

final say

Juniors
I'm never going to support a Cantab team, but I wish the Warriors would STFU and not speak out against NZ2.
To be fair, it's about as effective as McDonald's advocating against hungry jacks.. I'm sure the NRL are having a private chuckle .
The biggest asset another NZ team brings is a rivalry... speaking out against NZ 2 before it's very existence.. going to be epic!

final say

Juniors
The Broncos started Super League because the NSWRL was a prehistoric dictatorship that cared more about preserving their power than growing Rugby League as a national game. Hope that clears things up for you.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
" And that's the way the cookie crumbles " is that on auto fill, copy and paste or do you type it every time?
Going to get old fast..

Trifili13

Juniors
The Broncos started Super League because the NSWRL was a prehistoric dictatorship that cared more about preserving their power than growing Rugby League as a national game. Hope that clears things up for you.

So much like Bronco's trying to protect its own patch?

Milhouse2020

Juniors
To be fair, it's about as effective as McDonald's advocating against hungry jacks.. I'm sure the NRL are having a private chuckle .
The biggest asset another NZ team brings is a rivalry... speaking out against NZ 2 before it's very existence.. going to be epic!

That is exactly why a second NZ team will be a greater return on investment than PNG.

Matiunz

Juniors
TBH, I don't see Jordie as a good league player but think Scott would be. I think Scott would make a pretty good front rower once converted, good motor, can hit (sometimes legally ;) ), and can cart the ball up.

Jordie has just never struck me as a good convert, but I'm happy to have you convince me - where would you play him?

Edit: Just saw @Thatwasnthighref post on him. I don't think he has the pace for fullback. Clearly you lot are more pro Jordie than me ... on form he's great but I think he's a massive rocks and diamonds player.

Both are pretty card prone lol, Jordie I’d have as a centre, solid defensively and can set up outsides as well as a threat taking on the line himself. Would have one of the bigger boots of either code n NZ/Aus? Started off professionally in CHCH so wouldn’t be the unlikeliest of signings if NZ2 wanted a Union (publicity) scalp

MugaB

Coach
Thread about rugby started by one of your mates and a discussion of a post made by one of your other mates. If you can get Gob and Wb to stop talking so much rugby you'll have your dream forum.
The thread is actually about RU getting dominated by the presence of a possible NZ2 team,
but this in my opinion and wont happen as RU is religion in NZ now, but over a few generations it could happen, the rise of the warriors has only been In sync with a rise in form and free to air broadcasting that the Arlc managed to garner over the past few seasons, which means people "ALL PEOPLE" can see the warriors = more content wise, and not hidden behind paywall, so therefore more access, gives more viewership, more eyeballs, gets more excitement, good for TV, good for advertising.

Seriously when people talk about sold out games, are they REALLY SOLD OUT! or is it close enough to suggest they are the hottest tix in town, they aren't winning many games yet they are NZ's darlings this season, RL is just a better TV program, RU isn't unless you are a die hard RU fan, it won't last long

Latest posts