What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hand back your pay cheques

Jono078

Referee
Pierced Soul said:
the way buderus is playing reminds me of what fitzgibbon was at the end of his rep career. he tries hard but isnt up to scratch anymore.

Yeah but Fitzgibbon was ordinary for the Roosters aswell. Buderus is still going great in NRL, just look at his last game against Roosters.

Fom about 7 NRL matches he already has 13 Dally M points, they might not count for much to some but it still shows he is going good and one of the teams best peformers.

I still think he will come good at origin level and prove many wrong, next game if he is selected.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
When your halves are Kimmorley and Anasta, or Mullen and Anasta, you need an alternative to take pressure of these guys - with a smart kicking game, and the ability to create something in the opposition 20.

QLD has Lockyer, Thurston and Smith. If Thurston is getting targetted and has no time, then Smith kicks from dummy half to take some pressure off. The one and only kick Buderus tried in Origin went out of the full.
I agree; however, Buderus was selected to the NSW side with everyone understanding that at no stage in his career was he a kicker of any variety. You asked why Buderus wasn't copping more criticism from the media - well, why would they criticise him for not doing something that nobody ever expected him to be capable of?

I fully support the push for Farah as the NSW #9, but in my view, that is simply because he compensates better for the team's weakness than Buderus does. I don't think Buderus has necessarily been poor, but he hasn't fit in with the imperatives of the situation. If we had a decent half combination, we'd probably all be rapping Buderus' defence rather than tearing into his attack. It is the weakness of the team that will be forcing him out. It means his strength of a defender is outweighed by his lack of versatility in attack.

kooriguy said:
believe this from an ex tigers lebanese hooker talking up the curent tigers lebanese hooker :)

replace lebanese with aboriginal and you'd be kicking a storm, f**king hypocrite

fitzy is more than up to it, i'd rather him be helping my club hacks than the drop kicks running around "representing" NSW

ocko

juniors
kimmorley, anasta and white are 3 that need to go. kite maybe, although he's been mismanged in both games, not getting enough game time.

Latest posts