What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hang your head Sydney

Less than 25,000 to the Test is terrible.
Sydney should not get the final and should not get the World Cup final either.
Well done to those who did go and battle the rain. I would have been there if I didn't have to work and it would have been a 5 hour trip there and 5 hours back. Why a city of 4 million can't top 25,000 in the self appointed rugby league capital of the world is beyond belief.
Oh and by the way Sydney is a sh*thole too.

pcpp

Juniors
Auckland - 1 million - Not league heartland - 20,000
Melbourne - 3.5 million - Not league heartland - 30,000+
Christchurch - 360,000 - Not league heartland - 17,000

:|

My theory is that NSW actually doesn’t want International League to take off.
I know people that don’t miss a game for their NRL club team, but don’t even turn the TV on for international games!

Is there the avenue to move to a more appreciative crowd, Brisbane or Melbourne?

Sydney doesnt deserve it!

philstorm

Juniors
Two-Penny Prince said:
Brisbane - 45000 plus.
sydney - 25000.

Mmmm, where should we play the final?

Melbourne ;-)

In all seriousness, it'd be nice of Brisbane or Melbourne got the final.

Once Dead

Bench
philstorm said:
Melbourne ;-)

If it was a choice between the two it would be Brisbane...it is also rugby league heartland and has shown dedication in the past to international matches...don't get me started on Malbarn though...

Desert Qlder

First Grade
philstorm said:
Melbourne ;-)

It'd be more than nice mate, it'd be dead set deserved if Brisbane held the final. sydney-centricity is a blight on the game, especially as it's people do not show for Rugby League matches.

Once Dead

Bench
Two-Penny Prince said:
It'd be more than nice mate, it'd be dead set deserved if Brisbane held the final. sydney-centricity is a blight on the game, especially as it's people do not show for Rugby League matches.

Mr Ribot! Long time no hear, how are the Roar doing?

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
The Tri Nations should be held in Britain. Australian league people as ever care only about their own competition and their own agendas.

Ari Gold

Bench
Philip_Smith007 said:
My theory is that NSW actually doesn’t want International League to take off.
I know people that don’t miss a game for their NRL club team, but don’t even turn the TV on for international games!

Is there the avenue to move to a more appreciative crowd, Brisbane or Melbourne?

Sydney doesnt deserve it!

The TV Ratings are actually pretty good in Sydney. The problem is just getting bums on seats

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Impellitteri said:
Mr Ribot! Long time no hear, how are the Roar doing?

Very clever, but you cannot argue the facts. sydney, it's people and it's media are not as interested in International Rugby League as are other areas of Australia, Newcastle or Townsville for example.

Y2Eel

First Grade
give brisbane the final we get the nrl g/f they can have the tri nations...

wombat68

Juniors
even if the poms didn't win tonight, Brizzo would be near capacity. After tonight it'll be a sellout, no doubt. Brizzo ppl are not as fickle as Sydney and they'll make the bloody effort to support all levels of league.

Once Dead

Bench
Two-Penny Prince said:
Very clever, but you cannot argue the facts. sydney, it's people and it's media are not as interested in International Rugby League as are other areas of Australia, Newcastle or Townsville for example.

They're simply too well fed during the NRL season so they've had enough during the off season.

I think the sh*t weather had a lot to do with the low crowd figure, but it was still shocking, I think the final will be a much better crowd.

deluded pom?

Coach
Was the crowd figure a victim of the Aussie media berating the Poms from the moment they stepped off the plane ? It's ok to try and talk up the TN but to try and humiliate the opposition even before a ball is kicked is shameful . Aussie got what Aussie deserved on and off the field .

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought that crowd figure was wrong, there surely had to be more than 25,000 tonight, unless I didnt see the members, otherwise it was a p1ss week effort for them no to turn up. Doesnt matter about the weather, thats no excuse for it. If it was played in Melbourne or Brisbane in wet weather they wouldve got more. Im disappointed in the crowd, cause it was advertised all week, and for the last bloody 4 months. I was hoping for at least 30,000+. Its a shame we might lost test matches to brisbane cause of our p1ss poor crowds at International Football. Dont you people realise that the International game has been at its best for a long time. It was a good vocal crowd tonight, I applaud the pommy fans to turn out in high numbers. Hope its a sell out in Brisbane.

Latest posts