What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest Hitter

Crow

Juniors
Just wondering, who do the players think is the hardest hitter/runner in the AMNRL?

Best Kicker?

Dangerous runner?

Tomahawk

Staff member
Crow

The hardest hitter by far is Glen Mills Bulls captain Shane "Chief" Mains. Many international players would also agree with this. Shane was a team mate of mine, so I was never on his bad side.

Coming in a close second would be Danny Bull. Danny has came up to the top of the ladder in the AMNRL verry fast. Expect him to be the best player in the league very quickly.

After mentioning those two players you have to mention Vassy and Nuiy. Both are former pro players. So you can not take anything away from them.

Durring his prime Jeff "Captain America" Preston would lay people out also. Even though Jeff stiff is one of the hardest hitters, he is not like he used to be.

As for kickers you have to say Vassy and Nuiy. Nuiy is featured in a play station union rugby game, and he is a kicker. Saying that, and I hope it does not go to his head, the Mole is up there with these two guys.

Just some of Tomahawks opions.

Tomahawk

grubsey

Juniors
G'day Crow, The Mole here.

By far, the biggest hitter of the AMNRL is the Bulls Shayne Mains. As a little guy, I do my best to stay clear of him in attack, hopefully always keeping one step ahead of him. Every game, he pulls of at least two or three huge hits that you just watch and say to yourself, ouch! Everyone in the AMNRL would agree that the Chief is by far the hardest hitter in the AMNRL.

The hardest runner in the AMNRL is Wildcat Greg Stelluti. With no regard of self preservation, we don't call him the locomotive for nothing.

The best kickers in general play would have to be Marcus Vassilakopoulos and David Niu and myself of the Wildcats. Thanks for the rap Tomahawk. For goal, I would probably just edge those two guys out in a goal kicking contest.

The most dangerous runner of the ball would have to be Wildcats Danny Bull. With deceptive speed at 6'3", 245 lbs, he is very close to unstoppable. Young Fred Konieki of the New Jersey Sharks is also a very big, nimble and dangerous runner of the ball.

mono_mal

Juniors
how old is Danny Bull and how do you guys think he'd fare in Australian competition?
i note a few players in the comp with NRL, Premier League, Qld Cup and Jim Beam Cup experience and it would be great to see Danny have a go in the Australian comps.
from what i've heard it sounds as though he could make it at at least jim beam cup level.

grubsey

Juniors
Carlnz,

The Wildcats have probably around 25 active players on our roster at the moment, but that is expected to increase dramatically for the 2004 season, including more overseas talent. The Wildcats have got some big plans for the 2004 season and are looking forward to defending the AMNRL Championship.

Mono Mal,

Danny Bull is 26. He would go well in the Queensland Cup or Jim Beam Cup, maybe even in the NSW Premier League. I played in the Metro Cup for the mighty Newtown Jets in 1999 so I know that Danny would handle himself admirably in either the Qld Cup or the JB Cup.

hot dog

Juniors
I believe he just turned down a contract from Wakefield Trinity Wildcats and also read somewhere that he was the most prolific try-scorer of all time in Scotland juniors (Union) before signing on with London Harlequins...........

However, my pit bull did just beat up his silly golden retriever at the dog park the other day; while at the same time, he was running around the house like a little housewife trying to stall for time; so he didn't have to face the champ in backgammon!!!

#-o #-o :D

carlnz

Bench
25 players, have you guys ever thought about touring another country? With the more players you are expected to get, are you going to have another team? I take you are an Australian? Tell us about your back ground and some more about the AMNRL if you dont mind please? :D

roopy

Referee
carlnz said:
25 players, have you guys ever thought about touring another country? With the more players you are expected to get, are you going to have another team? I take you are an Australian? Tell us about your back ground and some more about the AMNRL if you dont mind please? :D
Carl - the player profiles on the wildcats site are pretty good.

grubsey

Juniors
Carlnz

The Wildcats were planning a four day tour to the UK later this month but it is not going ahead. Maybe another time.

Stay tuned to www.AMNRL.com and www.wildcatsrugby.com for news on the possibility of another team up Connecticut way. Also, keep an eye on the Wildcats website for some other important announcements for the upcoming 2004 AMNRL season and some new segments by The Mole.

Yes, I am Australian, I have been over here for almost four years. I am originally from Brisbane and I lived in Sydney for about 2 1/2 years before heading over here. As Roopy said, check out the Wildcats website for my and other Wildcats players profiles.

grubsey

Juniors
Carlnz

The Wildcats were planning a four day tour to the UK later this month but it is not going ahead. Maybe another time.

Stay tuned to www.AMNRL.com and www.wildcatsrugby.com for news on the possibility of another team up Connecticut way. Also, keep an eye on the Wildcats website for some other important announcements for the upcoming 2004 AMNRL season and some new segments by The Mole.

Yes, I am Australian, I have been over here for almost four years. I am originally from Brisbane and I lived in Sydney for about 2 1/2 years before heading over here. As Roopy said, check out the Wildcats website for my and other Wildcats player's profiles.

hot dog

Juniors
You are a boxer mutt with a glass jaw and seagulls cry!!

My pup is a brindle American Staffordshire Terrier and she will be disappointed to hear the way you speak about her behind her back and then play all lovie-dovie, "Pretty girl, Lemme scratch behind your ears.." when she's around!!!
She just told me to tell you that you are a "two-faced Bast@#$!!!"

Tomahawk

Staff member
What the heck does this have to do with Rugby League or the hardest hitter.

Hot dog I have a person to put on your list for hardest hitter. His name is Mike Edwards. You were added to Mike's list of people he wants to know who the "Franchise" is.

I know Tomahawk was added to some peoples list. I can not wait for the 2004 season to start.

Oh yea another person to add to the hardest hitter was the Kiwi that played for the Slayers. His name does not come to me right now, I am sorry.

Tomahawk

grubsey

Juniors
Get back in your corner Tomahawk, stop writing checks that you need someone elses body to cash.

You are right though, you are in the cross hairs.

You think you can't wait until the season starts!!! Oh Boy!!!

Latest posts