What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest Player to tackle

tiger_nick

Bench
Who in your opinion is the hardest player to tackle in the NRL? I might be completely biased but for mine its hard to go past Taniela Tuiaki at the moment. No one seems to get a clean shot and he is regularly making a line break a game from nothing. Another who seems to always bust the first first tackle is Greg Eastwood.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was thinking the exact same thing. He needs a haircut though :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Mase is extremely hard to stop close to the line - proof in the pudding was last night early with his try.

Big Mick

Referee
I always thought Wade MacKinnon appears hard to tackle...he just has that running style.

Over the last 4 years, CLinton Schifcofske was one I always thought made plenty of defenders work...he was really difficult.

Big Mick

Referee
My CLub - Michael Gordon....I think he beats the first tackle nearly every time. He for a little guy...just has incredible leg drive.

ozbash

Referee
tahu is hard
michael hancock would have to be the hardest , ever

warriors ? louie anderson.

caylo

Bench
i Can believe SBW hasnt been mentioned... he would prob be the hardest to tackle and contain. Always seem to be able to get the ball away. Mckinnon is another one that always beat the 1st tackle

Timmah

Staff member
SBW is easy to tackle. Get on his back and around the legs and he's out for the count.

Jono078

Referee
last half of last year Corey Parker seemed like he couldnt be tackled.

Utai, McKinnon, Steve Bell, Moimoi, Mason, Tuiaki, Grothe.

Then if Minichiello gets back to form, he is basically king of breaking tackles.