What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest Player to tackle

simon says

First Grade
I rate Gallen and Bird as two of the hardest to tackle.....both solid and low to the ground,and have a nasty fend to boot.

But how good is Tuiaki...aka TNT going???He is dynamite!!!!

Killing teams doen the left hand side........

caylo

Bench
Dodger said:
SBW is easy to tackle. Get on his back and around the legs and he's out for the count.

Liam Fulton told me he was one of the most difficult players to tackle because he was so strong, if you took him high he would ealy palm you off, and when goin low his ability to keep the ball alive is a real pain.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Inglis is the hardest as he pulls players down when he is going towards the sideline and gets back up on his feet or he palms the tacklers arms hands with the ball in hand on the defenders side he reaches around and pushes away,watch him palm off players as he is always looking where they are about to tackle him he has his eye everywhere.
he is a superstar already and he will get better which is pretty scary if your on the opposite team

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Again, we're talking tackle bust, not eluding the defence.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
thats what i mean too he can bust any tackle with his great palm off and pushes away nearly 90% of the time ,he is the greatest ball runner ive seen for years including eluding defence and takle bust

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Greg Bird in general for sure.

Willie Masons not the hardest to tackle, but hes the hardest to stop (as in put on his back. hence why close to the line u can tackle him but will still crash over).

kearney, tuiaki , covell, eastwood , grothe, simmons , johnson.

schifcofkse was never put down first. he stopped , swerved , ducked, jinked, ran one way, ran the other, beat about 7 defenders, gaining a whole 7 metres in the process.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Well watch Inglis next time he runs into a defender and watch him read there defensive move against him i bet he gets close to making them look like a fool.
with straight runners that are hard to tackle I'd say weyman,Macdougal,Webb and Civonacieva

tiger_nick

Bench
As said im not talking about players who jink/step etc out of tackles like Bowen, Merritt etc. I mean players who run straight and hard and consistently leave people in their wake

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
The hardest player to put down would have to be Petro,he is so hard to put on his ass as he has that amazing upper body strength