What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest Pre-Season Ever

SnowDragon

Juniors
Guys like burgess, Lawrie etc need cardio at this stage. Guys like Sloan and Ramsey need to work On fitness of course, but muscle mass is important. Ball skills all round of course, and Hook needs to start the process of working on combinations, and particularly new roles (Bird for example). But for most, it’s hard work now, then skills and combos closer to the start of the season.

gitano

Juniors
Guys like burgess, Lawrie etc need cardio at this stage. Guys like Sloan and Ramsey need to work On fitness of course, but muscle mass is important. Ball skills all round of course, and Hook needs to start the process of working on combinations, and particularly new roles (Bird for example). But for most, it’s hard work now, then skills and combos closer to the start of the season.
Traditionally that's how it goes.

But if the status quo ain't working?
Get a footy in their hands now. Give the fatties goals to hit as extras. Think outside the box, or it'll be same ol shit

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Pre season pics.

View attachment 55636
Hayden Lomax’s brother Zane jogging very fast.

View attachment 55637
Lord and saviour Tyrell Sloan prepares to prove he’s a shit ton better than Dufty.

View attachment 55638
Young gun Jayden Sullivan power lifts a full bottle of Powerade.

View attachment 55639
Coach Anthony Griffin spots Corey Norman and tells him to f**k off out of here.

View attachment 55640
During the toughest preseason evaaaa Jackson Ford training so hard his brain is leaking liquid adrenaline.

fkn gold

There is also a theory that putting muscle on can actually increase your acceleration, just look at Olympic sprinters.It's not just in the legs but in the body also. Might be the saviour of Ramsey's career.
I always said this. I think building muscle doesn’t slow you down. Building the wrong muscles does.
Olympic sprinters all have big butts and shoulders. Makes sense.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Give em a bat and put them in front of Mitchel Starc
That will grab their attention.

And try and not win the comp in the first half dozen weeks.
Its like homer trying to leap Springfield gorge - I'm going to make it! Top of the world!
Doh!!!!
Nothing wrong with winning early games it better than losing them.

Old Timer

Coach
Geez, as a former nsw cup player and fg squad member I'd be licking my lips at our centres. If I was still playing I'd definitely towel Zac physically and be far too agile and illusive for Suli. It's all timing, making fg
Why don't you make your way on down to training and lend a hand?

With your obvious skills and infinite knowledge you would be a once in a lifetime asset to both Suli & Lomax.

Please let us know what day you are going to run some drills and I guarantee there will be lots of us come down to cheer you on and be dazzled by your obvious skills but please just make sure you don't do the "I'll run at you and you tackle me head on" drill 1st up because the hospital will only allow 2 of us to visit you at a time.

itsme

Juniors
Geez, as a former nsw cup player and fg squad member I'd be licking my lips at our centres. If I was still playing I'd definitely towel Zac physically and be far too agile and illusive for Suli. It's all timing, making fg
You are a funny guy 😂

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I am pretty sure @gitano lives in his own world where he was a great, but underrated player, Zac Lomax's best position at the Dragons was ball boy and Euan Aitken was a Dragons Immortal centre who was rated as just a little bit better than Reg Gasnier! Good luck to him.

Walpole

Juniors
In fairness, they'd probably be licking their lips about running at a delusional, middle aged bloke who's never picked up a football too.

Latest posts