What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Really? That is sensational news!

I thought with all their X Factor stuff they would be too busy for Footy now.

Friza

Juniors
Lets hope so. Bryce is the best lock in Penrith and probably the whole comp.

Maklouf, Geyer and Glanville will also battle for halves spots with the new signings you would imagine.

I doubt very much if Glanville & Geyer will be in the mix when the SG Ball train-on squad is announced.
They went down that road last year with young halves. You need to be on the age to win an U/18's Comp.

Friza

Juniors
jakiel and jaye fuimaono apparently played on sunday the 10th
for stmarys 17s and bryce cartwright is not far from returning from a
back injury.

Both played just to qualify. They don't even train with the team!

You won't see them again till the end of the year. They have chosen a different pathway, which is to chase their X Factor dream.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
So they are still keeping their League dream alive just by playing the one game to qualify for SG Ball. If they make it far in X Factor i doubt they would play League again.

ashton

Juniors
Players that will feature & worth keeping an eye-on:

Matts
Robert Jennings
Blake Milgate
Tyrone May
Soni Luke
Soni Hala
Oliver Clarke
Christian Critchon
Peter Tiatia

Ball
Bryce Cartwight
Sam Hickey
Roy Teuku
David Andjelic
Wiki Tauvao

I am led to beleive they have recruited 2 halves, 2 frontrowers & a centre for SG Ball.

They have recuited about five players per year for the last three years,and they have all turned out to be duds.

Friza

Juniors
So they are still keeping their League dream alive just by playing the one game to qualify for SG Ball. If they make it far in X Factor i doubt they would play League again.

Only concerned about qualifying at Club level. They have both played their 3 games.

I strongly doubt they will feature in SG Ball Squad.

abpanther

Staff member
So how excited should we be about Bryce Cartwright?

I haven't watched him yet but I've heard a lot of good things

ashton

Juniors
Penrith took a team to play in the Under 15s Tournament at Wyong on the 14 July. The results are as follows:
Game 1: Penrith 20 defeated Bulldogs 0
Scorers: Anthony Aupa'au, Samisoni Hala, Dylan Fuad, Joel Moncrief and Christian Crithchon
Game 2: Penrith 0 were defeated by Parramatta 8
Game 3: Penrith 12 drew with Manly 12
Scorers: Blake Milgate, Blake Wasson, Jake Ennis
Game 4: Penrith 20 defeated Wests Magpies 0
Scorers: Jayden Ross, Sam Kheiralah, Mitchell Nichols, Mario El-Boustani (2)
Game 5: Penrith 8 were defeated by Balmain Tigers 12
Scorer: Mario El-Boustani (2)
Game 6: Penrith 8 defeated Central Coast 4
Scorers: Jayden Annetts, Zachary Wilson
Well done to all the involved in the day.

mounty

Juniors
The harold matts for 2012 should be a strong side with a strong forward pack and good quality backs at the right ages plz no under age players for next year i hope all will be 16 yr olds may be a 15 yr old in the side but i doubt it.

mounty

Juniors
2012 REPRESENTATIVE SQUAD STAFF

The 2012 Representative Staff have been selected as follows:
Harold Matthews:
Head Coach: Grant Mitchell
Assistant Coaches: Adrian Clements & Ron Harrison
Manager: Angela Madigan
Strength & Conditioning Head Coach & Yellow Shirt Trainer: Dean Fisher
Strength & Conditioning & Orange Shirt Trainer: Glenn Floody
Blue Shirt Trainer: Rob Fisher
Gear Steward: Terry Madigan
Trainer / Rehabilitation: George Harvey
S.G. BALL
Head Coach: Brad Liggins
Assistant Coaches: Barry Walker & Dave Cartwright
Manager: Peter Ross
Strength & Conditioning Head Coach & Orange Shirt Trainer: Brett Eato
Strength & Conditioning & Blue Shirt Trainer: Darrin Borthwick
Yellow Shirt Trainer: Mitch Lewis
Gear Steward: Jon Shepherd
Trainer & Rehabilitation: Brad Anderson
Other Staff:
High Performance Manager: Nal Wijesekera
Recruitment Manager: Jim Jones
Assistant Junior Representative Manager: Tom Anderson
Kicking / Halves Coaches: Ben Harden / Adrian Clements
Physiotherapist: Patrick Weston
Junior Representative Gear & Meal Manager: Graham Catlin
Time Keeper: Theo Kubica
Ground Announcer: Ian Robinson
Media Manager: Yvonne Purtell
Gate Keepers: Junior League officials
Interchange Official: Tom Anderson
Ball Persons: T.B.A.
Shed Manager: Kevin McKinlay
Statisticians: T.B.A.
High Performance Unit Staff:
HPU Coach: T.B.A.
HPU Assistant Coach: John McKnight
HPU Manager: Theo Kubica
HPU Head Strength & Conditioning Coach: Brett Eato

mounty

Juniors
Have penrith signed any youngsters,15yr olds for next year,i think sonni luke from stmarys,tyrone may from michinbury,big sonni from michinbury,robert jennings from minchinbury have signed with penrith,gents any young contenders from the 15 yrs.

franklin2323

Immortal
Will Jason Taylor be part of the HPU?? As NYC coach he should be involved with implementing the junior playing structure. Under Cleary's instructions of course. That we get Matts playing the same structure as the NRL.

Then we get everyone on the same page & get a better look at which players are quality or not

Panther_Brendo

Juniors
Will Jason Taylor be part of the HPU?? As NYC coach he should be involved with implementing the junior playing structure. Under Cleary's instructions of course. That we get Matts playing the same structure as the NRL.

Then we get everyone on the same page & get a better look at which players are quality or not

Is Jason Taylor the NYC coach for next year? Have I missed something? Where did you hear this?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Squads will be announced September/October to train over the summer. The final cut down to 25 or so won't happen until a week or 2 before the season.

stumpyone

Juniors
I undestand that closed trials will be held late September. Apparently enough players for 4 teams will be invited to play. Of course the already contracted players will be in the squads.

stretcher

Juniors
I undestand that closed trials will be held late September. Apparently enough players for 4 teams will be invited to play. Of course the already contracted players will be in the squads.
Trials will be on september 10th 70 players for matts and about 80 for ball and of course contracted will be there but i doubt they will play trials which is a good idea imo save chances of injury plus it keeps the other clubs away and pressuring them to trial elsewhere....

Fibroman

First Grade
Will be interesting to see if there are any kids that can actually tackle or play with a bit of heart.