Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by ashton, Sep 16, 2008.

1. straight shooter

straight shooter Juniors

and harrison mclean is in academy

2. sweet-as

sweet-as Juniors

Does anyone know how Academy went last night?

3. micro

micro Juniors

SG Ball- academy 28 Norths 8.Academy should have won by more except drop ball cost them, very good for first hit out and 1 week of training. Solo and pepper were strong, jennings disappointed very quiet on the wing, they look to have a strong pack with a number of parra boys plying well. Hetrik was the best in the backline with a number of long breaks, he has the biggest kick off i have seen, i think it went over the fence on the full. They will surprise some teams if they get to know each other quickly. Matts won i think? very close low scoring but i did not see much of it.

4. straight shooter

straight shooter Juniors

wsas harold matts academy lost 16 to 12 to nth sydney on the bell,bombed a few tries will be be better after there first run. big ask as they play souths next sunday at st,marys stadium but should be competitive.

5. murraymob

murraymob First Grade

when do the competition games start

6. ashton

ashton Juniors

13th of February

7. Panther_Daz

Panther_Daz Moderator Staff Member

Can we keep all the personal crap about peoples sons,nephews, mate's sons, brothers etc etc etc out of this thread please and talk about on field issues.

8. straight shooter

straight shooter Juniors

yes im trying to panther daz but ranga just keeps stiring the pot because thats all hes got.

9. stretcher

stretcher Juniors

What ever happened to freedom of speech ...anyway fridays game was very scrappy but i guess thats why those guys are playing academy but i think dropping solo and pepa was justified considering they werent standouts solo dropped the ball three times with his first touch almost resulting in a try for norths pepa finished game strong but didnt look interested early........

10. ranga

ranga Juniors

exactley, all i have asked several times who should have made it and who should have been cut but he refuses to do so, i believe it is not unreasonable to do this and he is the one whinging that iam having a go at him , all iam doing is trying to see were he is coming from ,so i will spell it slowly .who should have made it and who should of been cut ,

11. straight shooter

straight shooter Juniors

just like you wont tell us who you are or your mate from penrith matts is,because your from stmarys or stclair.

12. ranga

ranga Juniors

does any one on this site including you say who they are, you still cant name names ,you believe certain players were cut that should have made it ,i think i know who you are talking about ,obviously not a st marys kid or st clair may be a brothers player or emu ,narrows it down.

13. straight shooter

straight shooter Juniors

its the comet boy that keeps repeating himself, is that all you got.

14. Fibroman

Fibroman First Grade

I don't know about the rest of you, but Fibroman is my real name.

15. aussiegirl

aussiegirl Juniors

why are penrith losing talented juniors to parra kid like tepai moreo jye mamo zach clay just to name few?

16. ashton

ashton Juniors

You can add Chad McGill to that list.

17. straight shooter

straight shooter Juniors

maybe you try asking ( JIM JONES ) specialy when penrith play parramatta ?

18. stumpyone

stumpyone Juniors

Good question. There are possibly two answers or maybe a bit of both. I understand recently Parramatta has had a change in development structure. Since the change they have undertaken a more aggressive approach to Penrith juniors. Prior to this there had been a "Gentlemans Agreement" between the clubs to leave each others juniors alone.
    The other answer revolves around the schools the players attend. Whilst about half the players at the Hills Sports High are Penrith Juniors apparently Penrith are not allowed to assist or even enter the school, leaving it open for Parramatta to see and approach Penrith juniors. Patrician Bros at Blacktown have a solid scouting/coaching relationship with Parramatta. I know Zach Clay was contemplating early last year to go to Parra. I do not know the schools the other boys attend, it would be interesting to find out.

19. aussiegirl

aussiegirl Juniors

pattys blacktown it is just not right parra have plenty of juniors why poach others

20. straight shooter

straight shooter Juniors

oh thats right they dont play parra, bulldogs,the hardest team they play is tigers. no excuse if they dont make semis. and penrith new how good zac clay was long time ago but done nothing maybe the budget was set aside for others first.