What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

ashton

Juniors
Penrith SG BALL Round 2

1. Michael Compton
2. Keti Nanai
3. Tevita Feiloakitau Fetuani
4. Jake Butler-Flemming
5. Tony Satini
6. Robert Mate
7. Harry Siejka
8. Johnathan Taefu
9. Blake South
10. Darcy Hogan
11. Vapunia Tia-Kilifi
12. Tom Eisenhuth
13. Dylan Curtis

14. Regan Verney
15. Sam Hollis
16. Michael Pio
17. Jacob Brenner
18. Corey Carl
20. Sean Pickup
21. Joshua Leslie
22. Ryan Wilson
23. Kyle Burchardt
24. Nick Mataia
25. Kasia Matavao
COACH: Brad Liggans

Kilkenny

Coach
Who are we playing this week?

Whoever it is I hope there are no white kids in the opposition with names which suggest Islander heritage as it will totally confuse me? Just hope I can get there early enougth to get my hands on a program and not mislead anybody if I chose to put forward a match report. After being carved up by Stretcher my confidence is shot?

murraymob

Coach

Whoever it is I hope there are no white kids in the opposition with names which suggest Islander heritage as it will totally confuse me? Just hope I can get there early enougth to get my hands on a program and not mislead anybody if I chose to put forward a match report. After being carved up by Stretcher my confidence is shot?

cronulla

stretcher

Juniors

Not a carve up its just about reporting the game not the context of what natoinality the players are but if you arent smart enough avoid that subject then you shouldnt report the game.Most of us just wanna know who won and who played well ..........

Kilkenny

Coach
Not a carve up its just about reporting the game not the context of what natoinality the players are but if you arent smart enough avoid that subject then you shouldnt report the game.Most of us just wanna know who won and who played well ..........

Stretcher, seriously you need to lighten up...............

I know some of the kids in the Ball and Matthews as my own kids have played with them.

You are totally missing the whole point of my original post, which was simply the Central Coast were outmuscled by a much bigger and stronger Panthers sides and the fact of the matter is part of that was due to the fact we had a significant percentage is Pacific Islander players. It is a fact. Whether you like it or not. The Pacific Islander kids at Junior Representative level are in the main bigger and stronger.

Agreed once they get to grade things even up and only the fittest and best survive, but at the tender years of 14 thru 18 years the Islander kids predominately stand out.

greenfins

Juniors

I know some of the kids in the Ball and Matthews as my own kids have played with them.

You are totally missing the whole point of my original post, which was simply the Central Coast were outmuscled by a much bigger and stronger Panthers sides and the fact of the matter is part of that was due to the fact we had a significant percentage is Pacific Islander players. It is a fact. Whether you like it or not. The Pacific Islander kids at Junior Representative level are in the main bigger and stronger.

Agreed once they get to grade things even up and only the fittest and best survive, but at the tender years of 14 thru 18 years the Islander kids predominately stand out.

Phew! agreed, now can we all just talk footy.

Anyone know who are the stand out forwards in the ball squad at this point.

kilkenny you are spot on i have friends that are pacific islanders and it come down to whos dedicated and whos not. penrith make the mistake of picking brawn and size over brain and nuturing,that not too say some of the islanders havent got brains because they do, but these days its all about size,but how many go all the way.

stretcher

Juniors

And my point you boofhead was that all but one of the starting pack for penrith were white so how do you explain penrith being in the main watch the game and let go your excuses as to why your son didnt make it.....p.s eighteen is adult age isnt it?

1.stretch will you be at the game
2.if you are can you give us your view of the game

Last edited by a moderator:

stretcher

Juniors
Phew! agreed, now can we all just talk footy.

Anyone know who are the stand out forwards in the ball squad at this point.
Stand out forwards so far have been Darcy Horgan ,Tom Eisunhuth,Blake South,Dilan Curtis,Sam Hollis and the beast Corey "The Hitman" Carl is back this week all white by the way......

Fibroman

First Grade
Stand out forwards so far have been Darcy Horgan ,Tom Eisunhuth,Blake South,Dilan Curtis,Sam Hollis and the beast Corey "The Hitman" Carl is back this week all white by the way......

You've lost the plot stretcher. Anyone with half a brain knows the impact the pacific islanders are having on junior footy in the Penrith district. That's not being racist, it's being realistic. The whole dynamics of junior footy has changed.

stretcher

Juniors
You've lost the plot stretcher. Anyone with half a brain knows the impact the pacific islanders are having on junior footy in the Penrith district. That's not being racist, it's being realistic. The whole dynamics of junior footy has changed.
Ive been around long enough to know the impact of islanders but im reading all white dudes in the ball side and noone can tell me why kilkenny brought up islanders it was men against boys i agree but white men against boys and by the way there are 15 whites and 9 islanders in the ball and 12 whites and 12 islanders in the matts so its not as rife as you think.......

ranga

Juniors
Ive been around long enough to know the impact of islanders but im reading all white dudes in the ball side and noone can tell me why kilkenny brought up islanders it was men against boys i agree but white men against boys and by the way there are 15 whites and 9 islanders in the ball and 12 whites and 12 islanders in the matts so its not as rife as you think.......
have a look at paras mats and ball sides

blackandwhite

Juniors

What about Wests SG Ball squad of 25 players only 5 are white guys...and yes its OK you can call them white guys.

BY the way its 2010.

Kilkenny

Coach
The issue of Islanders - Non Islanders has been taken totally out of context.

Firstly, I have no doubt the selectors picked the make up of the Panthers Harold Matts & SG Ball based on ability.

Second, aside from the strength and size of the Islanders in the 16-18 there is also no doubting there athleticism.

Last of all my original comments were in particular reference to the game against the Central Coast who simply could not match the Panthers for size, strength and athletic ability and to that end the Islanders kids played a significant part.

Let's hope this week's games against the Sharks give us a better indication of the strenghts and weeknesses of our Panthers juniors for this season.

isaiah

Bench
well i have the program in front of me now and there are four pacific islanders in the central coast side and a total of of six pacific islanders played for penrith in the ball side so you should of got a program to get your facts right instead of misleading everyone that wasnt at the game.
players as follows for c/coast of pacific islander appearance 10.richard aholelei 1.alex brew20goerdie makie23 conan kanh all these guys got on ..
penrith islanders are as followed 2keti nannai. 3.tevita felikatau. 5.toni satini. 8john taefu.15 micheal pio.16.kaiser matavao and others named didnt play these are the only ones that played so that theory is out the window the truth is penrith have more white than people know.

so viapuna tia kilifi didn't play?

Fibroman

First Grade
What about Wests SG Ball squad of 25 players only 5 are white guys...and yes its OK you can call them white guys.

BY the way its 2010.

Thing is......

Most fair dinkum aussies, black, white or brindle, never play the race card. They just get on with things.

The impact of pacific islanders on junior footy isn't a race thing. The fact is....these kids are much bigger and stronger at a younger age than the other kids.

I think, sometimes this works against them as well. They rely on size and dont train on fitness and skills as hard as they should.

ANSWER: Bring in weight for age until 16.