What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Seijka to Warriors

The Realist

Juniors
My Mail is that Harry is definitely gone. The stain that is Matthew Elliot continues to haunt us and has poached him across.

murraymob

Coach
harry is looking at a fresh start good luck to him.I am not sure he is in any better position to get a shot at first grade than he was at penrith.
Will be interesting to see who takes his place in the pecking order

darkbloom

Juniors
Why did he want to go? On appearances he has more chance of breaking permanently into first grade at Penrith than at any other club.

Still, I guess we don't know what happens behind the scenes.

murraymob

Coach
my guess elliott has promised him first grade.Penrith may want him to increase his defensive skills a lot first

jamaman

Juniors
probably money as well! ..isn't your Messiah Gould trying to make big pay cuts.

blain

Juniors
Any good? Doubt he would have been promised anything, Johnson, Leuluai, Tuimavave in front of him. And probably Godinet too. What are his strengths and weaknesses?

rem286

Juniors
Doesn't really matter, Gus said on twitter that Harry wanted assurances of some quality 1st grade time and the Panthers could not offer him that assurance, so we were not going to see him on the paddock anyway which would probably result in him leaving either way. I have to say I have never really been impressed with him, I don't see him being the next big thing. Looks like we will be stuck with coaches pet Walsh for another long, boring and disappointing season.

franklin2323

Immortal
Doesn't really matter, Gus said on twitter that Harry wanted assurances of some quality 1st grade time and the Panthers could not offer him that assurance, so we were not going to see him on the paddock anyway which would probably result in him leaving either way. I have to say I have never really been impressed with him, I don't see him being the next big thing. Looks like we will be stuck with coaches pet Walsh for another long, boring and disappointing season.

I thought Evans looks the better of the 2. The fact is Siejka is a 7. We have no other 7's anywhere near 1st grade standard yet. He was borderline but was 20 so could of got better. Walsh is no better on the most games. When Walsh is on there's not many in the game better the problem is the other 18 games. Siejka was an option was now have nothing aside of Walsh

Just because he wasn't given assurances doesn't mean he wouldn't have played 1st grade.

Anyway if that's what happened he needs to go( or he needs a serious attitude adjustment) No player deserves assurances. Especially a player as young as him.

darkbloom

Juniors
If Gus said that on twitter it is he that needs a swift kick for hanging a kid out to dry. That is not leadership and he is meant to be the leader of this club.

goggles

Juniors
If Gus said that on twitter it is he that needs a swift kick for hanging a kid out to dry. That is not leadership and he is meant to be the leader of this club.

surely as 'the leader' it is better to be honest and let the supporters know the reason behind the decision to release?

TeamSatan

Juniors
Just have a nagging feeling this one may come back to haunt us.

Im hoping Austin comes good. We will need some depth in the halves.

Harry was potential...

Any truth in the rumour we are trying to get the tigers Jakob miller?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I can't understand why we would release our most promising half, when that is the position that we have been struggling with the most!

Crazy Hazy

Juniors
surely as 'the leader' it is better to be honest and let the supporters know the reason behind the decision to release?
I'm pretty sure that most 'leaders' are only interested in putting a positive spin on reasons why players leave/are released. Gus is no different. Sometimes they might tell the truth other times they make crap up so the club appears to be righteous in its decision-making. Leaders lie all the time about negotiaions/possible signings so they don't look like failures when they miss out or other clubs aren't alerted to the fact. A little bit like gamblers telling stories of their winnings- rarely do you hear a story about someone's losses.
A good example would be Flash's pending contract renewal being pulled as soon as he was injured earlier this year. I'm not saying that it wasn't prudent to do it at the time, but no way would the club tell the truth because they would look heartless, even stupid.

darkbloom

Juniors
I'm pretty sure that most 'leaders' are only interested in putting a positive spin on reasons why players leave/are released. Gus is no different. Sometimes they might tell the truth other times they make crap up so the club appears to be righteous in its decision-making. Leaders lie all the time about negotiaions/possible signings so they don't look like failures when they miss out or other clubs aren't alerted to the fact. A little bit like gamblers telling stories of their winnings- rarely do you hear a story about someone's losses.
A good example would be Flash's pending contract renewal being pulled as soon as he was injured earlier this year. I'm not saying that it wasn't prudent to do it at the time, but no way would the club tell the truth because they would look heartless, even stupid.

Disagree.

Real leaders do not deliberately deceive. They may not tell everything but they do not lie about things. Leaders understand that once they get entangled in a web of lies, they can longer lead.

betcats

Referee
Disagree.

Real leaders do not deliberately deceive. They may not tell everything but they do not lie about things. Leaders understand that once they get entangled in a web of lies, they can longer lead.

Are you saying Gould lied? From what i read in the thread Gould stated on twitter the reason for the kid wanting out, I don't see the problem with that, he didnt bad mouth the kid.

Gould was Penrith captain at the age of 20. He has coached teams to premierships and Origin series victories so I think he has some leadership skills.

darkbloom

Juniors
Are you saying Gould lied? From what i read in the thread Gould stated on twitter the reason for the kid wanting out, I don't see the problem with that, he didnt bad mouth the kid.

Gould was Penrith captain at the age of 20. He has coached teams to premierships and Origin series victories so I think he has some leadership skills.

No. I was responding to someone's definition of leadership.

I agree Gus has leadership skills. His history suggests that they generally are effective on a group for only a couple of years.