What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Triguboff

Yep so take his life membership off him. I'm sure there would be a sponsor in ctown that has chipped in plenty and is more deserving than this merkin.

Does Masterton still have any involvement with the club in any capacity? Wasn't the bloke who owned that was a Maggies fan wasn't he?

Tigerm

First Grade
Does Masterton still have any involvement with the club in any capacity? Wasn't the bloke who owned that was a Maggies fan wasn't he?
I think we can always use extra cash, but by the looks, we are doing OK without any help now.
Maybe a couple of TPA options would be handy though.

gordsy

Juniors
investment advice, connects to the Sydney business world, work with meriton after footy, the list goes on

I wonder how many players have gone to him and asked for help. Maybe it's just me but I would go to him and see if he could help and instead of the other way around, especially the investment advice and contacts.

Last edited:

Legion

Juniors
Yep so take his life membership off him. I'm sure there would be a sponsor in ctown that has chipped in plenty and is more deserving than this merkin.

Take his life membership? Why? Because he's a tight-arse?

Shit, my twin brother is not quite at Harry's level but saying that he owns an old whaling captains home in Blues Point, a few other houses in Sydney, plus his blue-chip plus his gold bonds that he loves talking about ..... well you get the picture. Single, no kids. He's doing better than good.

When we were kids he cried for 3 days when he lost 20 cents; and for the next week or so when I'd remind him "Gee Pete, that was bad luck ....." The memory probably still brings a lump to his throat.

He's the biggest tight arse, and to be quite frank, I don't like him. As a kid he narced on me at the drop of a hat. Not my kind of guy. But, that doesn't mean that I'd kick him to the curb just because he's a tight arse.

If Harry doesn't want to share then that's our tough luck. But, once in a blue moon my brother has displayed an act of generosity & didn't crow about it. Nothing grand mind you.
Who knows, maybe old Harry does have something in mind, a bequeath perhaps? [Let's hope it's not a gold plated statue of Harry for the lobby]

Tigerm

First Grade
Take his life membership? Why? Because he's a tight-arse?

Shit, my twin brother is not quite at Harry's level but saying that he owns an old whaling captains home in Blues Point, a few other houses in Sydney, plus his blue-chip plus his gold bonds that he loves talking about ..... well you get the picture. Single, no kids. He's doing better than good.

When we were kids he cried for 3 days when he lost 20 cents; and for the next week or so when I'd remind him "Gee Pete, that was bad luck ....." The memory probably still brings a lump to his throat.

He's the biggest tight arse, and to be quite frank, I don't like him. As a kid he narced on me at the drop of a hat. Not my kind of guy. But, that doesn't mean that I'd kick him to the curb just because he's a tight arse.

If Harry doesn't want to share then that's our tough luck. But, once in a blue moon my brother has displayed an act of generosity & didn't crow about it. Nothing grand mind you.
Who knows, maybe old Harry does have something in mind, a bequeath perhaps? [Let's hope it's not a gold plated statue of Harry for the lobby]
I've said it before, he owes us nothing and luckily we are not beholden to him for handouts (like some other clubs), we have come out of the bad years and seem to be in a good place. Maybe it was meant to be?
As for your brother, its a shame, I am nowhere near rich, but I have 4 healthy kids giving me & my wife grandkids and I feel rich beyond my dreams because of them.

Legion

Juniors
I've said it before, he owes us nothing and luckily we are not beholden to him for handouts (like some other clubs), we have come out of the bad years and seem to be in a good place. Maybe it was meant to be?
As for your brother, its a shame, I am nowhere near rich, but I have 4 healthy kids giving me & my wife grandkids and I feel rich beyond my dreams because of them.
Exactly.

In our early 20's I had a Ducati SSD900 & a ZA Fairlane with a 289V8.
Neither were worth big money. While I was having lots of fun [and accumulating lots of speeding fines] my twin bought a brand new Cressida. As I said to him, nice car and all ..... if you've got a wife & 3 kids.
He bought it because it was a sensible car. Mummy would have approved.

My brother is the type who's probably starting to fret that he can't take it with him. What's the point of accumulating wealth if one does not enjoy it to the max?

As I once said to him; 'Does your money cuddle you at night & whisper I love you?'
Yes mate, you are richer than most.

Tiger05

First Grade
I save money and it's made my life a lot better. I don't think spending money equates to happiness.

Legion

Juniors
I save money and it's made my life a lot better. I don't think spending money equates to happiness.

It's about balance. You're right, spending money doesn't make one happy & saving to have a nice nest egg is sensible ...... but, accumulating & hoarding just for the sake of it makes little sense, to me at least.
As they say, you can't take it with you.

gordsy

Juniors
People that say money is bad are nuts in my opinion. Money is great as long as you know how to use it to bring you happiness. Coke and hookers are great for a little while but using money to enrich the lives of others is amazing.

Latest posts