What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone else heard ?

Bro Bear

Juniors
How about some new props. We have Stuart, Geddes and Burgess gone for the season.

Then there is B Lowe and lower graders Morgan, Reynolds, Mundine and Nichols all injuried. Vai Vai may off been given the boot too.

On top of this Inglis may be out too.

Roberts would be good as a 5/8 with Sutton moving to lock.

Wonder who the halfback will be for next year? Will have to sign some new players for next year. Hopefully younger players. Like Moltzen and Tomkins.

Last edited:

Ttime

Juniors
Thought I read somewhere that Roberts was not going to be allowed to look anywhere with the Bulldogs refusing to release him... not that contracts mean a whole lot these days.

Zigwaa

Bench
I've Heard Roberts is going to Cronulla, Parramatta or Titans, nothing about the bunnies though.

I really rate Ben Roberts, I think he could do a good job next year in the 6 or 7.

DC_fan

Coach
Roberts coming to Souths has been doing the rounds for a while.

Has played for NZ and can play either #6 or #7.

Galeforce

Bench
sutton is a 5/8 nothing else.
he is not fast enough for a centre
he is not hardworking enough for a lock or second rower

he as great hands and a great passing game , predictable at times, which a new coach needs to fix , however manhandling his opponent 5/8 has only been exposed in the Tigers game, otherwise his defense has been OK. He also has a reasonable kicking game.

5/8 or nothing in my mind and we have signed him for next couple of year , so support him and his strengths .

Roberts if signed or Finch or anyone else we go after , we need a half.

hindyrabbit

Juniors
daily telegraph today states maguire wants to move sutton to lock and is on the look out for new halves pairing.

maybe roberts and leuleui played together for nz few years ago so not too bad a pairing

Dogmatix

Juniors
Ben Roberts is not in the Bulldogs first grade team at the moment for a reason. He is not quite up to first grade standard. Not a bad player but more a fringe first grader for a half. Souths don't want to sign him. Souths also don't want to sign Finch, Gower, Orford or Leuluai. Wesser was a good fullback in 2003 but now.....

thomas10do

Juniors
i will admit that he was player who i used to rate, but his injury last season (or was it the season before) seems to have taken a lot out of him. hence i guess his lack of first grade footy.but have heard nothing of the sort.

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Ben Roberts is not in the Bulldogs first grade team at the moment for a reason. He is not quite up to first grade standard. Not a bad player but more a fringe first grader for a half. Souths don't want to sign him. Souths also don't want to sign Finch, Gower, Orford or Leuluai. Wesser was a good fullback in 2003 but now.....

The only reason i can see why he isnt in the side is because they dont need him. Hodgkinson and Keating are going great and he is certainly a step up from sutton in the number 6.

Latest posts