What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone seen mitchell pearce?

The Survivor

Juniors
In fairness your pack raped, destroyed, burnt and buried our pack in one of the most dominant performances against the Raiders forwards all year in that game. Carney and Campese might as well not have even showed up they had literally no platform.

Yesterday I think the battle in the pack was more of a draw and both teams halves had chances to shine. I thought if anything Carney was more effective at kicking the Raiders out of trouble.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I don't even think he played all that badly yesterday anyway.

He was playing behind a badly beaten forward pack, yet his kicking game was A grade , first rate.

The kicking games by both teams yesterday was nothing short of brilliant.

Raiders simply too good, but it sure as hell wasn't Mitchell Pearces fault.

Correct and i say this as a died in the wool raiders fan, but everything mitchell pearce did yesterday, todd carney did better and that holds true talent wise, what ever pearce is capible of, carney can do better, he is the future of NSW's halves.

Raider_69

Post Whore
And Pearce and Anasta played all over Carney and Campese in game 1, your point is exactly.

the point is IMO their talents are exagerated by the dominate pack they usually play infront of and the quality of player around them, whilst more talented players like Carney struggle often due to lack of options around him. Put Todd Carney into an origin side choc full of players on and even above his level, and he WILL shine... Unlike pearce whom imo is just shown up at that level.

Red Bear

Referee
Carney also has 3 years age and about 3 seasons experience on Pearce. He is currently and should be better than him. Pearce tho can only improve and is undoubtedly a very good player.

NSW are about to hit top origin form with the likes of carney, mullen, pearce and wallace. ALL excellent players IMO and can definately do the job.
I like Mullen as a 5/8 with carney at half or Carney 5/8 with pearce/Wallace at half personally but i think any combination of these players can perform very well.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Carney also has 3 years age and about 3 seasons experience on Pearce. He is currently and should be better than him. Pearce tho can only improve and is undoubtedly a very good player.

NSW are about to hit top origin form with the likes of carney, mullen, pearce and wallace. ALL excellent players IMO and can definately do the job.
I like Mullen as a 5/8 with carney at half or Carney 5/8 with pearce/Wallace at half personally but i think any combination of these players can perform very well.

Very good point, but my firm belief is you pick based on ability and form, which is why i didnt mind pearce's selection at the time as it was a form selection but imo NSW need to have TC in the side next year to stand a chance.

I agree that any of those combinations could work but the key factor in the halves IMHO is Todd Carney, he is the only NSW half capible of being an X-factor

Dally
Take off your agenda glasses.
We know you hate the Roosters.
That doesnt change the fact that Anasta and Pearce have been playing very well this season, particularly Anasta but also well as a combo.
Bird is a lock not a 5/8 anyway.
Anasta is unfairly maligned, at least at club level (rep performances still dont deserve praise) due to the fact that he WAS very average between his breakthrough season and mid last year or so.
He has, however, been playing very well for a while and its unfortunate he has a poor rep as it does not get acknowledged when he is playing very well, as is the case thise season.

how many chances has anasta had for NSW and how many times has he stuffed up.

anyway my thread is about pearce not anasta.

anasta has had a good season.

peace is a solid halfback

how a solid half back like him gets ahead of orford, finch, carney and mullen, ill never know.

it wasnt based on talent alone. the deciding factor was the surname

so why the f**k pick a player whose inferior then.

it bugs me when this guys gets favoured treatment because of his dad.

the same person who wrongly denied nathan blacklock an origin spot.

Very good point, but my firm belief is you pick based on ability and form, which is why i didnt mind pearce's selection at the time as it was a form selection but imo NSW need to have TC in the side next year to stand a chance.

I agree that any of those combinations could work but the key factor in the halves IMHO is Todd Carney, he is the only NSW half capible of being an X-factor

carney = 7
mullen = 6.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Oh heres a surprise. Another whiny Anti Roosters thread by the man whose username is that of a Rooster great!

I cant believe there are 5 pages of response for this moron.:lol:

Oh heres a surprise. Another whiny Anti Roosters thread by the man whose username is that of a Rooster great!

I cant believe there are 5 pages of response for this moron.:lol:

thats what the editors at the daily telegraph said about all the hate mail they received after mitchell pearces origin performance

Geohood

Bench
Many people were of the opinion that Pearce didn't perform all that badly in origin.. all the hate was directed at Anasta as usual.

perverse

Referee
Dosen't mean he performed terribly though.
tbh the NSW forwards laid down a pretty decent platform in game 3. the halves had every right and opportunity to turn it on.

they didnt have shockers or anything... they just didn't have any answers.

Latest posts