What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has your care factor waned?

Tiger05

First Grade
The only way we fix this is via building up the Rozelle area. It's the path way to success.

weretiger

Juniors
😆😆 yep, they can drag the kids out of the yum char restaurants in Burwood
I know it seems like Rozelle is controlling the team but it is the exact opposite, the Western Suburbs Magpies are in full control of where they play and train and just about all decisions that the club makes , so essentially what has happened is the magpies of old have their team back to where it started, in the inner west of sydney controlled by the now mega club wests Ashfield which is very profitable because people who now live there love the pokies so west Ashfield are not going to build a center of excellence at Campbelltown.. that is up to wests Campbelltown who actually put no money into the joint venture, their roll was to look after the juniors from what i remember when Ashfield took over .I understand your frustration i live out west and there are new suburbs popping up everywhere which when finished will be the size of Canberra where there should be plenty of juniors to choose from but i see little from the club and dont see the juniors having money thrown at them .
I do see the club being a powerhouse one day just by the sheer weight of money wests Ashfield generates , But we might have all walked away by that stage or dead and gone but i do believe it will happen eventually

Last edited by a moderator:

macnaz

Staff member
So true... there is almost zero Balmain involvement in the club these days .. It is WestsTigers I guess now but if you look at the power shift time period there is an undeniable spiral downward in regard to the football sucess side of the club , but also an undeniable increase in the business side

Tigerm

First Grade
So true... there is almost zero Balmain involvement in the club these days .. It is WestsTigers I guess now but if you look at the power shift time period there is an undeniable spiral downward in regard to the football sucess side of the club , but also an undeniable increase in the business side
Success will come. Just taking a bit longer than we hoped?

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
I’d be interested to know why the post was edited by a moderator

I know it seems like Rozelle is controlling the team but it is the exact opposite, the Western Suburbs Magpies are in full control of where they play and train and just about all decisions that the club makes , so essentially what has happened is the magpies of old have their team back to where it started, in the inner west of sydney controlled by the now mega club wests Ashfield which is very profitable because people who now live there love the pokies so west Ashfield are not going to build a center of excellence at Campbelltown.. that is up to wests Campbelltown who actually put no money into the joint venture, their roll was to look after the juniors from what i remember when Ashfield took over .I understand your frustration i live out west and there are new suburbs popping up everywhere which when finished will be the size of Canberra where there should be plenty of juniors to choose from but i see little from the club and dont see the juniors having money thrown at them .
I do see the club being a powerhouse one day just by the sheer weight of money wests Ashfield generates , But we might have all walked away by that stage or dead and gone but i do believe it will happen eventually

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
After every game Madge says they will learn from that. We must have the highest educated team in the comp

don’t forget the “that is not what the west tigers are about”

Ahm, yes it is

Every amateur shrink knows about the old positive reinforcemen technique but it has to be based in some facts or it’s counterproductive

JB04

Juniors
I could not care less about the Tigers after the absolute BS they have dished up this year. Above that, it's the way in which they've lost which really shits me to tears. I can cop if they genuinely have a crack and are beaten by a better team - that happens, that's sport. But what really gets me ticked off is they genuinely don't seem to care and are meandering through the season just happy to be getting paid.

Due to that there is no chance I am renewing my membership. Every year I renew because they lull me into a false sense of positivity that they are a team on the rise. Not next season, not a chance in the world. I'd be absolutely amazed if they have more that 5,000 members next year, I couldn't be more disgusted in the club, its management structures, its coaching/performance staff and its players (bar about 3 - 5 players).

Rant #over

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't give a shit about the Tigers atm because we keep f**ken losing.

I also hate listening to the BS from morons like Zoe who want to fight some stupid wests vs balmain fight.

How so?
I am not familiar with the area.
stryker, it's basically an inner city area and a little search on the web shows that it's made up of (and I believe this is important)
48% of childless couples,
8% of couples with kids over 15 &
33% of couples with kids under 15.

I do not believe the 33% is going to help the Tigers.

Many people rightly or wrongly would call it a yuppie, bike riding area where it was once known as being 'working class' whatever that means these days.

stryker

First Grade
stryker, it's basically an inner city area and a little search on the web shows that it's made up of (and I believe this is important)
48% of childless couples,
8% of couples with kids over 15 &
33% of couples with kids under 15.

I do not believe the 33% is going to help the Tigers.

Many people rightly or wrongly would call it a yuppie, bike riding area where it was once known as being 'working class' whatever that means these days.
Sounds terrible for football recruitment.
Id prefer them to search in Central / Western QLD.
There are some tough as nails characters out there.
There are too many Sydney based Pollys in our squad who don’t push themselves.

Latest posts