What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hastings gone to roosters

nrlnrl

First Grade
I have no doubt money played a role but from all reports the dragons moved heaven and earth to keep him.

Maybe it was the fact that his playing future is brighter at the roosters?

The level of butthurt in this thread is incredible. All over a 17yr old who may not even play first grade for the next three years.

OT :Honest question - how do you feel about losing Milford & Ferguson ? Is it worse losing players once they've played NRL or even SOO, but not reached their full potential ? At least Feguson wasn't a local junior I suppose.

We have to find a way to compete with that DTD . Why? Because competing is the business we are in ..More than that we have to make these Bastards fear us .. All this year other clubs have been watching and listening to us waffling on about Dragons Footy and how we have been in the game blah blah yada yada . A laughing stock thats what our board, coach and players have made us this year.. Our mindset must be that we can compete on any level at anything with anyone.. Thats how winners are made.

Yes we have to find a way to compete - within the rules.
I don't want to have to compete with cheats by becoming one.
Which is what I was referring to - the impression I get is that some clubs just pay "whatever it takes".

Godz Illa

Coach
I think Skreepe is a Roosters fan, and thus would be unfamiliar with the feeling of losing a local junior.

Father Ted

First Grade
I have no doubt money played a role but from all reports the dragons moved heaven and earth to keep him.

Maybe it was the fact that his playing future is brighter at the roosters?

The level of butthurt in this thread is incredible. All over a 17yr old who may not even play first grade for the next three years.

Don't be too upset when I say if you're not a Dragon you're not worth responding to. Have a nice day..

Which is what I was referring to - the impression I get is that some clubs just pay "whatever it takes".

You make me wonder how much the salary cap guy whom I won't name checks on his former club? Just thinking out loud..:shock:

ggould

Juniors
You know what guys let him go!! Its the money I have absolutely no doubt Doust and Young offered him reasonable money, and the Roosters as they always get who they want, that said i'm glad he has gone you cant have 17yr old players holding clubs to ransom so away you go Jackson don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out! Jackson your a handy player no doubt but just remember Pearce is going nowhere anytime soon so enjoy your next 3 seasons in the 20s or Newtown!! Cheers Guys

Skreepe

Juniors
OT :Honest question - how do you feel about losing Milford & Ferguson ? Is it worse losing players once they've played NRL or even SOO, but not reached their full potential ? At least Feguson wasn't a local junior I suppose.

No point keeping someone if they are set on leaving. It sucks but there is another boom youngster on the way, always is. It is a very rare occurrence that a true champion comes on at such a young age. Especially these days with their out of control egos. All these players seem to have potential ? How many of them actually fulfil it ?

Stick to building a successful culture, with capable senior leaders - that way, the young superstars will not only grow an ego out of control and fizzle out, but may even stay.

Nice post with lots of facts and proof and little slander. Speaking of cheats - how about Gasnier's back ended contract ?

They have local Juniors?????????
Oh that's right. The whole 3-4 clubs in their area that don't play Rugby or AFL.
Not that I agree with the tag of being a Roosters fan but I'm sure that they have a few juniors running around in the NRL. Tommy Symonds for Manly is one isn't he ? Given their miniscule boundaries, I don't blame them for not having a large production line. I guess they didn't have the option of pillaging the Steelers. Either way - this junior debate died in the 80s. Keep living in the past, but each club now recruits as it sees fit. I mean how many Raiders do you have on your books now ?

You know what guys let him go!! Its the money I have absolutely no doubt Doust and Young offered him reasonable money, and the Roosters as they always get who they want, that said i'm glad he has gone you cant have 17yr old players holding clubs to ransom so away you go Jackson don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out! Jackson your a handy player no doubt but just remember Pearce is going nowhere anytime soon so enjoy your next 3 seasons in the 20s or Newtown!! Cheers Guys

Good post. This kid could turn out like the thousands before him and not amount to anything. If he wants to play for the Roosters, let him and concentrate on the kids who want to be there.
As for Jackson - the opportunity will be there once Mortimer gets snapped up by another club to come in as a utility and work his way into the starting side from there.

Father Ted

First Grade
Stick to building a successful culture, with capable senior leaders - that way, the young superstars will not only grow an ego out of control and fizzle out, but may even stay.

Or you can buy all you're leaders like you do.

Given their miniscule boundaries, I don't blame them for not having a large production line. I guess they didn't have the option of pillaging the Steelers.

If you know any history and clearly you don't the Steelers are actually a reunion .. The sharks in the middle are just the kid gone bad

Either way - this junior debate died in the 80s.
The Roosters had a junior debate ??? The Roosters .. f**k off with you're nonsense troll..

Keep living in the past, but each club now recruits as it sees fit.

Some just have very deep pockets and what seems to be an endless salary cap.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
I think he is actually he was the stand out player in the junior SOO imo .. Bird and Hastings are tight so I would not be surprised if Bird left. What about the other junior reps Have Hutcheson and Aitken been tied up?

Admittedly I've only watched him play 5 or so games. None of those games he was a stand out from the rest.

I've only seen Brooks play a couple of games and was a clear stand out. Even in first grade.

If I had to choose between the 2 it would be Brooks everyday of the week.

Guess we'll find out in 5 years time.

Father Ted

First Grade
Admittedly I've only watched him play 5 or so games. None of those games he was a stand out from the rest.

I've only seen Brooks play a couple of games and was a clear stand out. Even in first grade.

If I had to choose between the 2 it would be Brooks everyday of the week.

Guess we'll find out in 5 years time.

Thats fair enough , the thing is we don't have either . We have Williams and I must admit I worry about Williams ability in defence . Think he's great in attack , but...I also worry about Widdop coming back from that injury . I worry about our coaching staff.. I worry about our front office...Worry worry worry . I have got to stop caring...

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Thats fair enough , the thing is we don't have either . We have Williams and I must admit I worry about Williams ability in defence . Think he's great in attack , but...I also worry about Widdop coming back from that injury . I worry about our coaching staff.. I worry about our front office...Worry worry worry . I have got to stop caring...

Don't get me wrong I think he'll be a very good player if his ego doesn't get the better of him.

It's just hard to get upset about someone leaving who clearly doesn't want to be there. IMO I think the Dragons did the right thing for him bringing him up to the 20's and he re pays them by signing with the roosters.

big pat

Coach

don't worry be happy.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't know why people get so excited about these 'next big thing' players.

Young players with massive wraps, who haven't played first-grade yet, are dime a dozen.

big pat

Coach

Young players with massive wraps, who haven't played first-grade yet, are dime a dozen.

yeah, where is that next big thing, something henry, bennett showed him the door.

Father Ted

First Grade

Because some of them become Slater, Smith , Inglis and Cronk ..I have a dime get me a dozen of these Please..

No point keeping someone if they are set on leaving. It sucks but there is another boom youngster on the way, always is. It is a very rare occurrence that a true champion comes on at such a young age. Especially these days with their out of control egos. All these players seem to have potential ? How many of them actually fulfil it ?

Nice post with lots of facts and proof and little slander. Speaking of cheats - how about Gasnier's back ended contract ?

Blah, blah, blah - hows it going, Phil Rothfield - right?

Latest posts