What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hastings gone to roosters

saintm

Juniors
I've watched this boy play for years and yes he is a good player... However, there are plenty of good players still at the Dragons both in the St George district and the Illawarra - I think it opens the door for some of these kids who don't get the publicity that Jackson does to have a go next season and shine... next week this forum will be talking about someone else as the next big thing!:lol:

Como Connection

First Grade
Thats fair enough , the thing is we don't have either . We have Williams and I must admit I worry about Williams ability in defence . Think he's great in attack , but...I also worry about Widdop coming back from that injury . I worry about our coaching staff.. I worry about our front office...Worry worry worry . I have got to stop caring...
Father Ted, "don't worry, be happy"
We will all grow older together my friend, I trust !!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Anyone know how much Saints offer this kid to stay? I remember Doust said that they offered him a good sum for his age.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
As I said earlier....who cares.

I see this as a good thing for the young fellla and his family.
A change of scenery will do the mother good and I have no doubt her fortune and luck will change accordingly.
I reckon she'll have a tremendous run of luck on the pokies in the coming years.....;-)

Good luck to them.

RWB

Bench
There really should be compensation paid for the signing of local juniors under the age of 20, regardless of whether they're under contract or not.

You really can't blame the kid for following his heart or the Roosters for signing a kid whose last name has a long lasting legacy at the club, personally I think it's great just like Sironen at the Tigers. It's just a combination of poor luck and inadequate governance that means the Dragons get screwed over here and left with nothing in return for developing this kid.

I am curious to hear from those who watched him whether they thought he was a better ball player or runner?

watatank

Coach
He is a loss, not so much for being the next great halfback (might still happen) but more his ability to play 1,6,7,9 is not common...if he keeps growing he might even handle centre.

Anyway, we still have two good young halves in Crook and Hutchinson, both of which are junior NSW halves who will have an opportunity now.

You really can't blame the kid for following his heart or the Roosters for signing a kid whose last name has a long lasting legacy at the club, personally I think it's great just like Sironen at the Tigers.

Pearce and Mortimer - great Rooster names as well, right? Surely to use your logic you should hand them over to their 'real' homes, Tigers and Dogs....

RWB

Bench
Pearce and Mortimer - great Rooster names as well, right? Surely to use your logic you should hand them over to their 'real' homes, Tigers and Dogs....

My 'logic' was that the Roosters wanting to sign a kid with a famous last name within the club is perfectly understandable, I never suggested that the Dragons should just hand him over. That's nothing but a flat out lie.

Steelman

Juniors
My issue in all of this is the current recruitment team and their ability to identify retain and recruit junior talent.

From my past and current observations since the coach Nathan brown year's the club has slipped way down the pecking order in this area.

Do we really have the best people in these positions looking after our best young junior talent coming through. ????

watatank

Coach
I wonder what influence Bennett had on the club with regards to recruitment. Pretty sure Bennett has been very strict with the strategy of paying young players massive unders, a ploy that would have worked well in a one team town with a handy coach like the Broncos but not in the Sydney market where players have so much choice.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I went to the Dragons forum...One of the items discussed was Hastings staying at the Dragons...Doust had advised that Hastings was offered the highest contract for a junior player ever....If he didn't take it then how can you blame management here? He was identified as a future superstar...offered a shit load of money but went else where

Callahan

Juniors
Who cares he can piss off, move on lets look after the players that actually want to play for us, all of our great players have played for us because they loved the club and not the money.RIP Jackson

My 'logic' was that the Roosters wanting to sign a kid with a famous last name within the club is perfectly understandable, I never suggested that the Dragons should just hand him over. That's nothing but a flat out lie.

No not a lie, just accentuating the folly of your argument is all.
I don't see what's so damn great about having him there, what, so his old man can watch from Florida? Or is it just to tickle Nick's fancy with a bit of a nostalgia trip?

Skreepe

Juniors
... or maybe he views the Roosters organisation as a better option for his long term career.

With chinless at the helm you guys are farked .