What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hats off 'What a Year'

Knightmare

Coach
Tonight on 'What a Year' they covered the events of 1994 and I taped it. There was one thing in particular I wondered if they would mention. When I watched the tape back, they got to sport and I hoped they wouldn't just cover Tonya Harding and then who won the footy. Then they showed Mick Doohan winning the 500cc title and my hopes went up. After that they showed Schumacher (for the first of many times) taking someone out for his own advantage (this time Hill in Adelaide to win the Championship). My hopes got up even higher, me thinking "Surely they can't ignore it, can they?" Then they cut to the start of another Grand Prix race and I was so relieved that they remembered it. And how. They spent at least as long talking about Ayrton Senna as they did about Kurt Cobain, and finished with a still of him and the caption 'Ayrton Senna, 1960-1994' below it. Hats off to the producers of 'What a Year' for paying the great man the respect he deserved. It's nice to know people still remember him, along with Jacko's wedding and white Ford Broncos and the grunge movement. :)

Latest posts