What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

since77

Juniors

Nice interview.
So refreshing to hear a young player speak so well and so humbly. Compare this to the video of the Roosters clowns going round at the momwnt.
Really hope he can kick on to become the complete player. This is the kind of gentleman I'd like the club to build a team around.

Mojo

Bench
Yes. He seems like a great guy. I’ve said from the start that his humility is one of his greatest assets. I’m sure it will be a key ingredient in his future success. He has the makings of a true champion both for the Dragons and also for Indigenous people.

Dragon David

First Grade
So refreshing to hear a young player speak so well and so humbly. Compare this to the video of the Roosters clowns going round at the momwnt.
Really hope he can kick on to become the complete player. This is the kind of gentleman I'd like the club to build a team around.
Tyrell is such a great role model for not only the indigenous kids in the community but for all kids. He is a genuine and well spoken man and will one day lead a team onto the field.

He is very proud of his heritage and knows what it is like to go from very humble beginnings to what he has achieved so far in his league career.

I wish him all the success for the future.

Was defensively better in the first half at least doing the things we asked of him like putting himself in the right position for once. His attacking sweeping runs have dried up and come to naught. It's tough being a first grader player...I wouldn't be giving up on him but certainly entertaining Talagi coming and playing where he likes at this point.

Dufty had more points in him.

justadragon

Bench
Was defensively better in the first half at least doing the things we asked of him like putting himself in the right position for once. His attacking sweeping runs have dried up and come to naught. It's tough being a first grader player...I wouldn't be giving up on him but certainly entertaining Talagi coming and playing where he likes at this point.

Dufty had more points in him.
Agree, but our halves cant set him up properly and if our forwards get dominated like they did last night, well there is nothing to offer there either, its pretty shit playing behind a compromised pack.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree, but our halves cant set him up properly and if our forwards get dominated like they did last night, well there is nothing to offer there either, its pretty shit playing behind a compromised pack.
Overall I think that both our defence and attack need a helluva lot of improving. Sometimes I wonder if our players know Arthur from Martha and what they should be doing. Surely we have been doing all the drills in both to know how to do things effectively or are they just numb sculls. "Oh here comes a guy running at me - should I go high or low to tackle him ? Gee I wish I knew" or "Wow I've been passed the ball, do I run through the gap or should I wait to be tackled and what did the coach say about running to the try line?" Or is it the coach showing the players on a whiteboard all the angles where to attack and when to kick and all the players remember is what they had for breakfast ?

The other thing is for Flanno to see where our weaknesses (many) and strengths (few) are and make use of them, likewise the same with the opposition.

Flanno just puzzled why we played pretty good in the first half and shit in the second? Answer is, we didn't tackle effectively and ran out of puff because the "great" conditioning staff we hired aren't doing their job.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I like Sloan but his lack of runs is quite frustrating. When he actually runs the ball he's our most threatening player and it's not even close. You have 3 or 4 defenders on constant alert when he's at the line and we somehow don't utilise him enough. Either that or he's not confident enough.

10 runs for 83m are Latrell numbers. It's just not enough. I don't know if he's being told to dump it off to his wingers and stay less involved in the general play but if he is, those are the dumbest instructions I've ever heard for the one player who actually poses an attacking threat

redVinme

Bench
I like Sloan but his lack of runs is quite frustrating. When he actually runs the ball he's our most threatening player and it's not even close. You have 3 or 4 defenders on constant alert when he's at the line and we somehow don't utilise him enough. Either that or he's not confident enough.

10 runs for 83m are Latrell numbers. It's just not enough. I don't know if he's being told to dump it off to his wingers and stay less involved in the general play but if he is, those are the dumbest instructions I've ever heard for the one player who actually poses an attacking threat
Considering they barely touched the ball in the second half he didn't exactly have much chance to improve on the running metres from the first half.

They absolutely need to get him on the ball far more often though I agree with that.