What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have a good one Shaun vs Bulldogs Round 25 Game Day Thread.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Seriously though that’ll do me for the year, the team has just been cursed the entire season. The effort is there and they compete but something always conspires to screw it for us, this week it’s losing both our centres and getting double dudded by the ref over the tackle that rubbed RTS out for the year. I just hope we manage to have a season that isn’t completely dogged by injuries and shit calls next year. I don’t think it’ll be enough to turn us into premiership favourites but it’ll at least give us a good shot at the eight again.

vvvrulz

Coach
Yeah it shouldn’t be underestimated how our team got absolutely reamed by injuries all year - hardly anyone had a chance to get into form and most weeks we had a bench of 1 or 2

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Just never really got into a good rhythm, in games or across the season as a whole. Not a complete disaster (apart from the Titans game) but still a pretty bloody poor way to back up what was a solid 2023. Next year will surely be better. Surely.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just never really got into a good rhythm, in games or across the season as a whole. Not a complete disaster (apart from the Titans game) but still a pretty bloody poor way to back up what was a solid 2023. Next year will surely be better. Surely.
Yeah the Titans debacle was definitely an anomaly- for the most part we were in every other game for the majority of the time. A couple of times we let opposition out to big leads early and couldn’t quite reel them back (Chooks and Raiders) and I think that was largely due to our combinations being constantly reshuffled.

At least a sell out looks like one.

AFB and Jazz last home game.

Nice reception for SJ, a little emotional.

SJ tears in the eyes puts down a simple ball.

Gave away 6 again 10m out on 4th for inside the 10m.

Luckly Dogs stuff it up 20m out.

SJ bomb knocked back by Dogs and RTS forces dropout.

Pompey apparently pushes Creighton, who missed the catch.

Dogs drop another one on our 35m. Everyone with tears in their eyes?

6 again for Warriors.

6 again on last tackle but Jazz loses it and turns into a penalty for inside the 10m, 12m out.

SJ taking the line on for 3rd time tonight an another 6 again. When is the warning?

Pompey held up over line

Montoya scores, Metcalfe holds the ball up beautifully. Dogs inside the 10m again and 6 again was awarded before the try. Still no warning.

6-0 11mins

Egan called offside and inside the 10m from a bomb RTS regathers. Dogs get 35m start.

Kikau offload regathered by RTS on halfway.

Capewell running a hell of an angle off Metcalfe. Simple stuff really.

12-0 14mins

Jazz loses ball on our 30m. Hands on it missed but not challenged.

Warriors penalised for taking player over sideline as held called, but momentum never stopped.

6 again for Dogs.

Then again for inside the 10m.

Dogs force a dropout as CNK forced back on the ground in goal.

Long dropout.

Dogs held out, where has this defense been all year?

Pompey off injured.

SJ long kick goes dead for 7 tackles.

Dogs kick through on last called knocked on by RTS on our 15m.

Mahoney allowed a shit play called pushed by Walker (Horse shit) and penalised.

SJ runs out of line and f**ks up defense that had looked solid, pulling RTS in and leaving 3 on 2 on outside shoulders.

12-6 28mins

Metcalfe kicks it dead from kickoff as it rain heavier.

WTF Dogs kick it to their winger? Kick gone wrong?

Creighton scores off a chip that Capewell can't pull in. Creighton hands in the contest not examined.

12-10 31mins.

6 again for Warriors after leg pull on last 30m out.

SJ lucky pulling ball back in from scrappy kick off Dogs legs not called knock on. But lost by Niukore loses it next play.

Kikau steps thru Egan diving legs tackle and Niukore over chases Burton and 1 pass for Dogs try.

12-16 35mins

Dogs going wide again and pass ball out, luckly on 45m.

Walker called held in tackle at 45m and driven back 10m and no penalty for us.

Dogs take out CNK on the chase and penalised.

Egan sell the dummy from dummy half and scores.

18-16 40mins.

Halftime.

Burton nails a 30/15!

Dogs force dropout.

20 Dropout and Dogs collect.

Dogs throw forward pass 10m out.

Capewell knocks on a bouncing ball on our 40m.

RTS cops a high shot and stumbles big time, trainer a no show. Creighton shoulder charge tonthe head! Send off for sure! Not even 10mins. f**k me dead! Clear bias shit by bunker.

6 again Dogs ruck infringement.

DWZ lost ball 10m out.

Dogs knock on an offload 20m out.

Dropout forced, Dog kick it 60m.

CNK knocks on SJ pass.

Dog Bomb knocked on by Montoya then Dogs 10m out.

Dogs grubber completely missed by CNK and dogs score.

18-22 55mins

Fox stays down and nothing.

SJ tries to run it on the last and gives up ball on our 40m.

Fox scores off a kick through from 10m out.

18-28 63mins

Niukore knocks on a SJ pass back to SJ. Accidental offside? Called knock on.

Lussick knock ball on tackling, tackles restated 35m out.

CNK taken high, bleeding nose. Just a penalty.

Metcalfe taken on last collecting bomb, Captains challenge for high shot, successful 20m out.

6 again for inside the 10m.

Dogs take SJ kick dead.l, but they find a touch by Walker at the death.

Barnett taken high and stays down.

Another a shoulder charge to the head not sent to the bin!!! Now they aren't even kidding it!!!

DWZ kick it dead on a break!

Dogs lose ball playing it 40m out.

Dogs inside the 10m.

DWZ knocks down a pass to stop the Fox getting the pass.

Scrum play has Creighton pushing off Metcalfe, running down sideline to set up a Dogs try.

18-34 78mins

Short kick off, bounces everywhere and regathered by Dogs who pass to ground and CHT regathers.

Dogs penalised inside the 10m again.

SJ steps steps and loses the ball.

Fulltime.

Seriously though that’ll do me for the year, the team has just been cursed the entire season. The effort is there and they compete but something always conspires to screw it for us, this week it’s losing both our centres and getting double dudded by the ref over the tackle that rubbed RTS out for the year. I just hope we manage to have a season that isn’t completely dogged by injuries and shit calls next year. I don’t think it’ll be enough to turn us into premiership favourites but it’ll at least give us a good shot at the eight again.
The sponsor CEO who came out last year on twitter seemed to change our fortunes a little after the blow up.
A letter from all the sponsors CEO asking the questions and with examples of the year's screwjobs might get some behind the scenes pressure?
Something had to give!
Not sure a letter from me would do much!

Webster in post match conference was the most critical I have seen him of the refs, believes bunker doesn't know what its doing.
Wording they use confusing.

Big Marn

Bench
Webster in post match conference was the most critical I have seen him of the refs, believes bunker doesn't know what its doing.
Wording they use confusing.

is that a fine incoming? The truth hurts but NRL ref association are very thin skinned and will go crying to Mommy for sure.

Meth

Staff member

is that a fine incoming? The truth hurts but NRL ref association are very thin skinned and will go crying to Mommy for sure.

I thought Ciraldo did more to question the refs integrity saying ‘we knew we wouldn’t get many decisions’

Latest posts