What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have Souths Exposed Manly's Weakness

c_eagle

Juniors
Ice777 said:
and the Dogs beat us 2 years in a row in finals when he was half as well. Just ask Timmah because that's a reason why it makes the Dogs "A finals side" :sarcasm:
Tbh, a forward pack had never been crunched the way the storm pack got dominated in those games. Orford has never been in a team that's finished in the top 2. I don't think it's his fault either.

CharlieF

Juniors
Ice777 said:
What does Melbourne have to do with this? We're in a Manly thread discussing Manly. I have my own questions about Melbourne as well and if they come up in a Melbourne thread i'll answer them. I never once said that the loss last night was the end of the world in fact i said it won't hurt Manly and i haven't once written them off.

In that case, no I don't think it will effect their mindset.

CharlieF

Juniors
c_eagle said:
Tbh, a forward pack had never been crunched the way the storm pack got dominated in those games. Orford has never been in a team that's finished in the top 2. I don't think it's his fault either.

Ice777, he does have a point there. Orford is just part of the team. He will win you games, but not on his own. Maybe when he left Melbourne, they realised its not that easy?

CharlieF

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Alternatively..Orford leaves Melbourne they get to the garnd final!

Alternatively, Manly have not finished this high since Orford came.

A GF loss is still a GF loss.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Ziggy the God said:
Can some of the Manly supporters that are still bitching about the result please read this a few times over.

You lost, but you will still have two bites of the cherry in the semis. What are you worried about?

We are still on the tightrope in terms of even being there, and thus played accordingly last night.

It's worth losing just so Brisbane miss the finals. :D

Cletus

First Grade
I was pretty happy with Manly's peformance tbh. That first try to Stewart was a cracker, and we defended 35 tackles in a row on our goaline without cracking. I think the extra defence killed us in the second half. Usually we come over the top of teams in the second half but we were too fatigued this time round.
So congrats to Souths on making the finals for the first time in 18 years.
And Hampstead was sh*t, you all know it.

Notell

Juniors
I rate Manly favourites for the premiership. Melbourne have been exposed of late. Manly showed enough by getting to 18 and in their defence that they have the attack and defence to win the comp. Complacency and fatigue got them last night. I don't think that complacency will be an issue again this season.

super_coach

First Grade
Never liked manly or their cheque book footy,but the bottom line they had forty percent of the ball and their no7 in the stands in a game that didnt have the world riding on it. Their defence is brillant and I see them being in the big one. Souths are running on emotions,their 2007 campaign will come to end in the next three weeks and they should be proud of what they have done.Their will be no fairy tale finish

Manly fLIP

Juniors
super_coach said:
Never liked manly or their cheque book footy

You do realise that 2006 was the first season Manly had spent up the salary cap in a decade?

Prior to that they had a team running around on a little over $2m for 10 years.