What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have Souths Exposed Manly's Weakness

Ice777

Bench
While i agree that the loss won't hurt Manly at all and it's one that they probably "had to have" so to speak. But what happens if the Warriors beat them this week and make it 2 losses in a row? I know it won't affect their standing on the ladder at all, but will 2 losses in a row this close to the finals affect their mindset?

Dave Q said:
Yes, theyve had a pretty good season and for the best part, maximised their playing assetts.

Well drilled and well coached.

Well managed in private hands.

I agree that it was pretty much the loss "they had to have."

Des has been talking about resting a few of the big lads now, building up their reserves for a massive assault in the finals campaign.

As a complete squad, with their solid few years of building behind them, I actually prefer them over Melbourne.

Keep up the good sportsmanship Dave, it does you great service. :p

c_eagle

Juniors
Ice777 said:
While i agree that the loss won't hurt Manly at all and it's one that they probably "had to have" so to speak. But what happens if the Warriors beat them this week and make it 2 losses in a row? I know it won't affect their standing on the ladder at all, but will 2 losses in a row this close to the finals affect their mindset?
The last time we lost 2 in a row, we went on to win 6 straight. We only need to win 4 this time round though.

Honestly, beating Souths by 30 and getting injuries to key players is a lot worse than losing by 6 and coming through injury free.

CharlieF

Juniors
Dave Q said:
Yes, theyve had a pretty good season and for the best part, maximised their playing assetts.

Well drilled and well coached.

Well managed in private hands.

I agree that it was pretty much the loss "they had to have."

Des has been talking about resting a few of the big lads now, building up their reserves for a massive assault in the finals campaign.

As a complete squad, with their solid few years of building behind them, I actually prefer them over Melbourne.

Most opposition Fans would be hard pressed to give this sort of compliment to Manly.

You beat a pretty committed Manly defensive effort last night. I'm a bit of a closet Rabbitohs supporter, so you aren't going to hear any bad things about them from me.

Ice777

Bench
c_eagle said:
The last time we lost 2 in a row, we went on to win 6 straight. We only need to win 4 this time round though.

Does that mean you're instantly going to do it again? Was those 6 in a row finals footy? Home and away game to finals footy there's no comparison really.

CharlieF

Juniors
Ice777 said:

Manly have not peaked, nor have they slumped. You are looking for weaknesses that don't exist. Try shooting Orford, Stewart and Menzies, that will affect their mindset.

c_eagle

Juniors
Ice777 said:
Does that mean you're instantly going to do it again? Was those 6 in a row finals footy? Home and away game to finals footy there's no comparison really.
It means we can do it again. If there's no comparison then there's no point discussing it because we just won't know until October.

CharlieF

Juniors
Ice777 said:

Those 6 in row Manly had to win otherwise they would be fighting it out for the last 4 spots. I think they are pacing themselves well. The loss last night was not the end of the world and they performed well. melbourne looked shaky ever since that loss to the Roosters, but you can't write them off even though it seemed like the loss rattled them.

Ice777

Bench
CharlieF said:
Manly have not peaked, nor have they slumped. You are looking for weaknesses that don't exist. Try shooting Orford, Stewart and Menzies, that will affect their mindset.

Jesus Charles can you get any more precious? How am i looking for a weakness by asking a legitimate question? I never said they would lose this weekend i said if they lose. I also didn't say it would affect their mindset, i asked people's opinions if they think it would. If you don't think it will then just say so.

Ice777

Bench
CharlieF said:
Those 6 in row Manly had to win otherwise they would be fighting it out for the last 4 spots. I think they are pacing themselves well. The loss last night was not the end of the world and they performed well. melbourne looked shaky ever since that loss to the Roosters, but you can't write them off even though it seemed like the loss rattled them.

What does Melbourne have to do with this? We're in a Manly thread discussing Manly. I have my own questions about Melbourne as well and if they come up in a Melbourne thread i'll answer them. I never once said that the loss last night was the end of the world in fact i said it won't hurt Manly and i haven't once written them off.

Garts

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Why do I do what? You want me to go through Matt Orford's great finals record?

I think I remember Melbourne beating Brisbane 2 years in a row in Brisbane, I am sure he was half.

c_eagle

Juniors
Garts said:
I think I remember Melbourne beating Brisbane 2 years in a row in Brisbane, I am sure he was half.
You could have knocked Brisbane over with a feather duster in those campaigns.

Ice777

Bench
and the Dogs beat us 2 years in a row in finals when he was half as well. Just ask Timmah because that's a reason why it makes the Dogs "A finals side" :sarcasm:

Latest posts