What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have the Roosters peaked too early?

Aragorn

First Grade
they've lost their mojo over the last few months. two loses in a row against two very average teams in the Titans and Sharks.

SBW is not making his money shots.

plays have been sporatic.

they're not looking sharp and crisp.

have they burnt out?

is there disharmony in the dressing room with the SBW rumours?

whats going on?

drago brelli

Bench
The Roosters like the other 7 teams in the 8 will play amazing football in two weeks time. We are in for some great games.

Zinga

Juniors
I think the Chooks have probally over achieved this year and now we are seeing the cracks. The Storm and Manly are battle harden teams and have played alot of these big games so I think they are the teams to beat come finals time.

Aragorn

First Grade
f**k - wrong forum - this was for the nrl section -

I already know what rooster fans will say......

To be honest, I thought the team had a lot of improvement left in them before the slump. So to me, they had yet to peak. I'm sure the Sonny situation may be causing some issues but the fact remains, we have too much muscle sitting on the sidelines. Cords, Kennedy and LOD can't come back soon enough. They're needed to steady the ship.

BCH

Juniors
Have followed the Roosters for almost 40 years now. In that time they have rarely done things the easy way, which makes life difficult being a supporter. It's a wild ride.

However, we are lacking depth in the forwards at the moment. The thing that worries me about Friday night is not so much the MP, but the prospect of being on a 3 game losing streak going into the semis. We are probably due a few back at semis time, but will they be short of a run?

The other thing that concerned me yesterday was at 22-18 the game was there to be won. Somewhere between the 66 - 70 minute mark Pearce put an ineffectual bomb up rather than trying to get a repeat set....this is composure we lack in tight games & I hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

Valheru

Coach
The thing that worries me about Friday night is not so much the MP, but the prospect of being on a 3 game losing streak going into the semis.

I couldn?t agree more, the MP is irrelevant but the prospect of playing Manly on the back of a 3 game losing streak is daunting to say the least.

To answer the original question we will find out come finals time, either they have peaked too early or they have had an eye on the finals for a month now and will click in to gear when it matters.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Easily our flattest performance of the year. To be fair we were playing a desperate side who clearly wanted to win more than we did.

Agree with Valheru, although no better way than to click back into gear before the finals than to win the MP.

timka4

Bench
The other thing that concerned me yesterday was at 22-18 the game was there to be won. Somewhere between the 66 - 70 minute mark Pearce put an ineffectual bomb up rather than trying to get a repeat set....this is composure we lack in tight games & I hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

This, Pearce is classic for this. I don't mind the roosters and like it when they are going well. But if I was a roosters supporter I would not trust Pearce's composure at all

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Imo we are missing Luke o'Donnell big time. While JWH gets all the plaudits due to his brash style I think o'Donnell has been are most consistent forward all year. With him back for the finals we will be a much better side