What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have We Become Predictable?

saints4ever

First Grade
Another thing I find funny...
Most experts death riding us from a few weeks ago, were all saying the Dragons had peaked too early, and that we cant perform any better, where other teams can.
I find this complete and utter bullsh*t.
We have been the most consistent team all year, but never have we played anywhere near where we are capable. Against brisbane (1st time), melbourne and cowboys (2nd time) and manly we played very well but did not look 100% perfect. We simply did what we had to do for the rest.
And saturday we find ourselves facing a souffs side that has just learned their season s over.
50/50 call that one.
one side playing for pride.
the other desperate to regain focus.

Gaba

First Grade
It is bullsh*t , the other sides what been playing good have been against sides who havent turned up what makes them look better then they are.

Where the dragons have been playing sides what have turned up and playing near thier best

I laugh at the comments by these so called experts

hardbaby

Coach
No we have attacked very well for most of the season. My concern is that teams are sussing us out. I think our counter attack is the best in the league but by definition this relies upon mistakes made by our opponents. It is the structured play that has me concerned. One very good point to come out of this discussion is that Bennett probably wouldn't show his hand this close to the finals. He certainly is showing any of his moves. Let's hope he does have some variations but doesn't want to reveal them at this point.

Hanscholo

Bench
Its hard to dominate an entire season, you have nearly done that. I wouldnt be too worried if the boys take a nap for a couple of weeks. You will make the top 4 and there is no doubt in my mind Bennett will have them up for for week one. Its just a matter of getting home the best you can now, then firing up when it really counts.

j0nesy

Bench
When the boys ran out on the field I commented to my mate that they looked flat. They were flat all night. The Broncos were pretty good, they were definitely the better team, but I didn't think they were great. Smith is very unfit and I thought he was ordinary. Sailor was off his game. Boyd was in sideways mode. The forwards were dropping the ball. Our line speed was poor, although our tackling was decent. It was just an off night. I'm not worried, I trust Bennett. In the press conference after the Melbourne game (I think) Bennett warned us not to be surprised if we drop a game or two.

dragondad

First Grade
If Smith is unfit, I want to know why. He should be jumping out of his skin after missing so many weeks.

BIKER DRAGON

Juniors
Yep the Dragons have become very predictable

That predictable that anyone with half a brain knows, that this years premiership is the Dragons.

I can't understand this "predictable" bullsh*t. If scoring more tries and stopping the opposition from scoring many, and beating the other sides for most of this season is predictable, then yes we are. But isn't that the the name of the game? I'm sure most other sides would like to be as "predictable" as we are.

If you're talking about tactics and game plans, then it's every NRL coach's job to come up with ways of beating the opposition every week. Then it gets down to the players executing on game day.

If the players don't execute, they usually get beaten.

That's whats happened with us the past two weeks.

BIKER DRAGON

Juniors
I can't understand this "predictable" bullsh*t. If scoring more tries and stopping the opposition from scoring many, and beating the other sides for most of this season is predictable, then yes we are. But isn't that the the name of the game? I'm sure most other sides would like to be as "predictable" as we are.

If you're talking about tactics and game plans, then it's every NRL coach's job to come up with ways of beating the opposition every week. Then it gets down to the players executing on game day.

If the players don't execute, they usually get beaten.

That's whats happened with us the past two weeks.

Atleast one thing the thread does is let the nuffers feel good posting total sh*t. Maybe it is really employees of the Telecrap:roll:

the game of rugby league is predictable generally speaking. so are a lot of other sports. so no we have not become predictable and that's not why we lost the last 2 games. we lacked the hunger while our oppositions were more enthusiastic.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
the bloke lying on the ground with jamie ainscough's wristwatch stuck in his throat

Latest posts