What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have we signed Owen Craigie?

Phillips

Referee
just remember last yr when we bought McKinnon, pfft people were saying he was a waste and i was one of few that was exited about him being brought to the club :clap:

if we get Craigie i think he will return to top form ;-)

ParraMatt

Bench
Craigie = Fat and waste of money

Use the money for our junior development, Seal up some juniors to longer contracts.

Wobbygong

First Grade
If your management has signed him, then all that Hadley says about Parra's buying policy is true.

The guy appears unfit, unmotivated and plays in a dinner suit each week.

Apart from Riddell who is a sensational signing, your signings are at best very risky, Morrison (injury prone), Tahu (injured all the time) Stringer (doesn't even know if he will be able to play again) Marsh (won't be the same player after a neck injury, they never are) if you add Craigie to that list then your signing a bloke that will have about as much positive impact on the team as signing Wise Kativerata had, ie none!

You have to question your recruitment when you sign a bloke that even the Souths are trying to offload.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
Craigie = Fat and waste of money

Use the money for our junior development, Seal up some juniors to longer contracts.

The salary cap does not apply to the whole club. It only applies to the first string team. Therfore money spent on new signings does not keep money away from junior development.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Wobby: Souths also didn't want McKinnon now look at him.

Alex: That isn't totally true while the salary cap doesn't count outside the top 25 you still need to finish the actual money and with the pokie tax the grant from the Leagues Club to the Football Club to spend on things like juniors will be lower.

1eyedeel

Juniors
I don't think it hurts at all to experiment with talented players if you can get them cheap enough. Craigie in particular can play just about anywhere so his back-up value would be useful. Let's face it, if you've got room under the cap, you need to use it because you don't know where injuries are going to hit you. For all we know Witt, PJ, Perenara may all get injured and suddenly your looking at putting Wagon back at five-eighth or having Craigie there to back up.

And for all that people bag out Pearson - fact is he was consistently good for Parramatta when he was on the park. Not a match breaker or strong enough to get on top of the opposition but he was solid and we would have been even more rooted in the forwards without him. Backup never hurts - and do you think clubs like the Rooters ever have a dime left unspent in their cap?

Eelectrica

Referee
As long as we don't overpay for him, then take the punt.
McKinnon kicked on after leaving Langmacks brilliant coaching.
This years pre-season rumours were that we had signed Amos Roberts and most people were blasting the decision, Amos Roberts might have got us over the line in the close losses.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Avenger said:
I hear that Manly are now the favourites to sign Caigie.

Although talented, as stated here he is almost always overweight and unmotivated. I'm really looking forwards to some of the other young guys that we signed play next season 8).

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
can't hurt having him.. if its cheap, he has shown he has talent, just that weight issue.. mayb smith's the man to fix it :lol: if he dont improve gradualy then get rid off him... not even sure if we gonna get him so :?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I can't believe some idiots on this board, it's not like he'd be costing an arm and a leg for f**k sake, he'd come dirt cheap......and he's a great talent!, most players would loose there self control whilst spending time at Souths & before West Tigers.

I agree, RJ. It wouldn't be the end of the world :roll:
He may not be the fittest or best player going around, but he is talented and could come in handy, plus he'd come cheap.....That is of course if we indeed have signed him.

bartman

Immortal
As has been said, we are short in the centres. Don't worry about him getting in the way of Green, Mateo, Perenara etc. If he can keep the kilos off and keep focussed, he could the guy to come in and do the Junior Langi role if (usually when) one of our best centre options (Ben Smith and the winger that will partner him) gets a long injury.

Latest posts