What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have we signed Owen Craigie?

bartman said:
With regards to all the heavy boys for whom "Brian seems to have controlled their weight issues", surely the credit should go to Smith's team of conditioners rather than Smith himself for this?

If we are to sign Craigie, as long as it's cheap, and as long as he puts his head down and works, he could be a good cover for five-eighth or (minus a few kilos) even centre. But that's a big if, and I'm sure he won't get in the way of up-and-comers if he's plain not up to it. *feels neutral and shrugs*

who cares where the credit goes... smith or the rest of the coaching staff

*feels neutral and shrugs* sums it up nicely.
if he comes good - great!
if not - meh :|

nöyd

Staff member
Worth the punt i say...

Premier League needs some bolstering too 8)

ParraMatt

Bench
not in the halves it doesn't. It will be stopping players such as Tim Smith and Blake Green from getting there run in first grade sooner.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
I think if we could get his weight down he would be a good addition to the squad. But need to get him to run from the gong to newwy a couple of times a week in the pre-season as well as normal training.

If cheap worth a go.

Eelementary

Post Whore
William Hung said:
Eelementary said:
stuke said:
True EEL said:
oh and try and get him fit and his mind on the job???

what would be the easiest option: the mind or the body????

many have tried but all have failed.

Riddell.

Widders.

Tookey.

These players all have weight issues, yet Brian has manged to keep them controlled (myabe not Riddell YET).

If we do sign him, I'm confident he'll be able to stay at his optimum playing weight.

In any case he'll just be here for extra depth.

I think you should add Pig f**ker to that list- as it's clear his weight was kept under control while he was at Parra since he's now ballooned shall we say.

:shock:

How could I forget Judas?

The Colonel

Immortal
Can we please forget Judas? :roll:

IMO, Craigie, if he can get his weight down would provide good depth at CENTRE as opposed to the halves. We have a lack of experience in that area..... ;-)

Avenger

Immortal
I have heard that we are a good chance of getting him due to Parra having Aboriginal players on the books, Widders, Prince and Co.

Utey

Coach
His a better centre than 5/8. He plays a similar game to widders and could be used as depth in thatr positon of impact.

ParraMatt

Bench
Sign the youngsters up for longer contracts instead of wasting the money on an overweight souths oldie.