What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever played in the NRL?

macavity

Referee
yes
If so , when and who with ??
90-97, souths
Why did you retire or how did you finish your career??
2 dislocated shoulders, in pain.
Basically, who was the greatest team / player you have ever played against??
wests, probably matt gidley
Which era did you play in??
90s

Finally , is Terry Lamb the greatest player of all time?
no

Sugar

Bench
Never played NRL but I smashed David Westley playing in a Commonwealth Bank cup match Many years ago

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Spiltmilk said:
Never played NRL but I smashed David Westley playing in a Commonwealth Bank cup match Many years ago

:roll: Theres always one that goes too far and starts lying

Now everyone on the site is going to start claiming they played NRL

Tom Shines

First Grade
No, not yet.

If so , when and who with ??
I was originally going to make my debut with the Hunter Mariners in 1998, and then Adelaide Rams in 1999. Got picked out of Metro Cup by South Sydney in 2000. Am awaiting my debut with Central Coast in the NRL.

Why did you retire or how did you finish your career??
Still looking for that elusive first grade start.

Basically, who was the greatest team / player you have ever played against??
Paul Carige

Which era did you play in??
Post-Super League

And Paul Carige is the best player of all time.

brendothejet

First Grade
Never played NRL but I creamed Wes Patten last year against Moore Park Broncos.

He scored 5 tries and they beat us 78-10.

I played for Newtown Jets around the 40's-50's

I quit because everybody accused me of biting a guys ear off when I left my teeth in the dressing room

Best player i versed was a chap called Jamie Monk, absolute gun player who I versed playing under 6's

Terry Lamb was to RL what Shane Watson is to cricket.

Sugar

Bench
Victor Meldrew said:
:roll: Theres always one that goes too far and starts lying

Now everyone on the site is going to start claiming they played NRL
When did i claim that?

t-ba

Post Whore
Spiltmilk said:
When did i claim that?

It's a joke ;-). Yours was like an actual factual account amongst people claiming to be Ellery Hanley...

Sugar

Bench
t-ba said:
It's a joke ;-). Yours was like an actual factual account amongst people claiming to be Ellery Hanley...
I see:oops: I could have claimed i did in the NRL instead of school boys footy;-)

Dutchy

Immortal
Does making a flegg squad then f**king up your groin and hamstring requiring three surgeries count?

Knightmare

Coach
My name is Greg. I played for the Philadelphia Eagles back in 1996 and then tried my hand at League. I even played a game or two for the Knights in 1999 but there wasn't enough padding to wear like in the NFL so I got hit really hard and dropped the ball a few times. The bloody coach dropped me, I can't believe it. I could've been the next Joey Johns! :x

McLovin

Staff member
Played 3 games of proper competition footy in my life. My mates where in a team so i decided to tag along to some of their games. Had absolute blinders in each one. Tackled well (i don't remember missing any) and scored 8 tries. Too bad i wasnt a registered player... I never showed up again...

t-ba

Post Whore
scottyj said:
Does making a flegg squad then f**king up your groin and hamstring requiring three surgeries count?

I'm sure Des will put you on the bench for no reason at all if you ask extra special nice like Clint did.

Ouch! Good luck with the Recovery.

Dutchy

Immortal
oh ive recovered now...I had the choice of training with the boys all year and not get a run because of the injuries I ended up being like 3rd choice 5/8th or go back and play club footy in Newy and try again next year..

So playing club footy

Latest posts