What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever played in the NRL?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Yeah, played in the NRL.

Retired last year. Great few seasons at Brisbane. Got my mug in Big League once or twice.

Imastar.jpg
http://www.thedropbears.com/images/Imastar.jpg

smeghead

Bench
Played SG ball for North Sydney and NSW under 16.

One bad tackle and some goal posts the footy career was over and traded it in for some plates and screws in my lower back

Brutus

Referee
I played AFL for Nauru last year and bowled to Matthew Hayden in the nets back in 94.

Dutchy

Immortal
Brutus said:
I played AFL for Nauru last year and bowled to Matthew Hayden in the nets back in 94.

Luke Burt plays/played club cricket in newcastle for a team called Mary Ellen Mudrats...opens batting and bowling...He got me out for 20somthing...then first ball of innings hes hit across the line over mid-wicket for 6...then i got him 2nd ball :p

Nook

Bench

I called Warney a fat merkin when I was 9 and my real name is John Carlaw.

kooriguy

Juniors
got close a couple of times but endless injuries year after year have squashed all that :(.. should have stuck to boxing where i was undefeated as an amatuer, albeit i only had 5 fights, but still i'll take it :) oh and the best i played with or against was cliffy lions bloody genius.

ShineDog

Juniors
I have won numerous golf tournaments and played in the Australian golf team.
But one thing I regret was not being able to play professional football.

The Preacher

First Grade
Marshall_magic said:
I played for Newtown Jets around the 40's-50's

I quit because everybody accused me of biting a guys ear off when I left my teeth in the dressing room

G'Day Bumper, how's it going mate ??

No no, don't buy me a drink, I've got one ear !!! :alcho:

brandell

Juniors
I played Juniors in the Newcastle Competition for the Raymond Terrace Roosters...I played alongside...Newcastle now Penrith Front Rower Brendan Worth and played one game against Sharks Lock Greg Bird...

Going to Uni in a Rugby Town stopped me from doing anything...

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
ShineDog said:
I have won numerous golf tournaments and played in the Australian golf team.
But one thing I regret was not being able to play professional football.

please name the tournaments you have won and the names of your fellow golfers in the 'australian golf team'....i went to school with you and i know that you were to scared to play rugby league even though you were one of the biggest guys there.......does tiger woods on the ps2 count as golf tournament victories?:lol: :lol: :lol:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
ShineDog said:
Have you ever played in the NRL? YES

If so , when and who with ?? Umm..me
Why did you retire or how did you finish your career?? I was voted greatest player of all time
Basically, who was the greatest team / player you have ever played against?? Myself when I look in the mirror
Which era did you play in?? The NP Era

Finally , is Terry Lamb the greatest player of all time?:) NO I AM

ShineDog

Juniors
TheBourbonBeast said:
please name the tournaments you have won and the names of your fellow golfers in the 'australian golf team'....i went to school with you and i know that you were to scared to play rugby league even though you were one of the biggest guys there.......does tiger woods on the ps2 count as golf tournament victories?:lol: :lol: :lol:

i know you and you went to a girl's school, and always followed me round wanting to be like me...i understand.

Played alongside Laurie Daley's nephews in highschool teams, and played against Joel Monaghan and Michael Robertson a few times in club teams.

Latest posts