What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Havili gooooooonnnne

Crush

Coach
It'll take years to recover from McGregor's 'legacy'.

Get an experienced coach (hopefully a premiership winning one), tweak the backline and hooking role, then we can start dreaming about the Dragons being a serious challenger again.
By "tweak" the backline do you mean replace the 2,3,4,5? Thats how I would "tweak" it.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
By "tweak" the backline do you mean replace the 2,3,4,5? Thats how I would "tweak" it.

No, 1 to four.

While I really want Dufty to succeed, I'm unsure whether he will see out the entire season in first grade. My opinion is that there is a lot of Adam Quinlan in him (no jokes please), and we all know how that panned out.

Crush

Coach
No, 1 to four.

While I really want Dufty to succeed, I'm unsure whether he will see out the entire season in first grade. My opinion is that there is a lot of Adam Quinlan in him (no jokes please), and we all know how that panned out.
That old chestnut.

The guy was never seriously considered for FG by the coaching staff and in my
view represents yet another failure to maximise output from a good player.

Havili was an ideal middle defender. Has size, strength and speed.

Good dummy half distribution, ran well from dummy half.

Should have competed for a spot on the beach and played plenty of FG for us.

Like Mann another victim of McGregor incompetence.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The guy was never seriously considered for FG by the coaching staff and in my
view represents yet another failure to maximise output from a good player.

Havili was an ideal middle defender. Has size, strength and speed.

Good dummy half distribution, ran well from dummy half.

Should have competed for a spot on the beach and played plenty of FG for us.

Like Mann another victim of McGregor incompetence.
Agree-Robson is seen as the hope of the side, hooking wise, but when I watched played U20s this year, he was no more than solid- Jayden Brailey, the sharks hooker is the same age and looks so much better- I would rather have kept Havili.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Speaking of Havilli, does anyone remember one of his rare 'starting' games for the Dragons (Canberra?), where for the ENTIRE 20 minutes he was on the field, all he did was pass the ball from dummy half?

(In the latter part of 2017, McInnes was exhibiting the same characteristics)

McGregor didn't put him back on.

With Dufty's (and previously Quinlan's) tendency to pass first after fielding an opposition kick, these symptoms are too coincidental for them not to be evidence of extremely poor coaching.

possm

Coach
Speaking of Havilli, does anyone remember one of his rare 'starting' games for the Dragons (Canberra?), where for the ENTIRE 20 minutes he was on the field, all he did was pass the ball from dummy half?

With Dufty's (and previously Quinlan's) tendency to pass first after fielding an opposition kick, these symptoms are too coincidental for them not to be evidence of extremely poor coaching.
It is not just Mary who is useless, the entire first grade coaching staff are useless. When things go well, Vaughan stepping up beyond most fans expectations and when the defensive stats were right up there with the best in the competition, Young was the assistant coach mentioned in dispatches. It was Hornby who is mentioned to be the guiding light for Dugan and now Dufty in the backline.

For me it is the entire first grade coaching staff who need replacing and that will only happen if a top line coach, who wants to employ his own coaching staff, will be given the head coach job.

Crush

Coach
It is not just Mary who is useless, the entire first grade coaching staff are useless. When things go well, Vaughan stepping up beyond most fans expectations and when the defensive stats were right up there with the best in the competition, Young was the assistant coach mentioned in dispatches. It was Hornby who is mentioned to be the guiding light for Dugan and now Dufty in the backline.

For me it is the entire first grade coaching staff who need replacing and that will only happen if a top line coach, who wants to employ his own coaching staff, will be given the head coach job.
Do you reckon Hasler might be that person Possm?

possm

Coach
Do you reckon Hasler might be that person Possm?
Hasler won't sign with anyone until his Dog's legal action is settled, so I don't believe he is an option in 2018.

Madge or JD could be options however, you can bet that Craig Young has his son dean firmly lined up to take over as interim coach should Mary get the sack. With a year working with Bennett under his belt and now another year at the Broncos, I think JD might just be ready.

Hasler won't sign with anyone until his Dog's legal action is settled, so I don't believe he is an option in 2018.

Madge or JD could be options however, you can bet that Craig Young has his son dean firmly lined up to take over as interim coach should Mary get the sack. With a year working with Bennett under his belt and now another year at the Broncos, I think JD might just be ready.
I know he’s rookie, but his results speak for themselves. Give him a job to do and he gets it done, every time!!!
I would love it if he was signed as coach.
Personally, I think losing him, was the clubs biggest mistake in many years.
I believe, if we don’t get him back, it will be the one that got away.... and really hurt us.
Come home JD.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I forgot to add that both Fat Cat and the staff at The Penthouse are also better hookers than the aforementioned McIness.

This is solely my opinion, is that ok with everyone?

When Saints were embarrassed by a below average bulldogs side near the end of the season, McInnes was totally outplayed by Lichaa, who according to rumour had thrown out Dessies game plan and went back to running from dummy half and creating havoc. McInnes on the other hand just tackled and passed- very predictable.
It seemed to me that Dessie and McGregor were as one on how a dummy half should play- if that's the case, I wouldn't want either of them in charge.

Drag Queen

Bench
When Saints were embarrassed by a below average bulldogs side near the end of the season, McInnes was totally outplayed by Lichaa, who according to rumour had thrown out Dessies game plan and went back to running from dummy half and creating havoc. McInnes on the other hand just tackled and passed- very predictable.
It seemed to me that Dessie and McGregor were as one on how a dummy half should play- if that's the case, I wouldn't want either of them in charge.
Funny you should say that. It was that exact game that I asked myself who the hell is this Lichaa guy.
It seemed to me that Dessie and McGregor were as one on how a dummy half should play- if that's the case, I wouldn't want either of them in charge.[/QUO

Bench

I read somewhere that with Dufty passing the ball to one of the wingers cost us 10 Meters as this gave the opposition more time to chase the kick.
10 Meters might not sound a lot but the way the game is played now every meter counts